Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a pair of projector fog lights on eBay, and now that I got them im wondering if I could customize the headlight housing and retrofit the projectors in there. Heres a pic of the lights:

These were only around $80, and they are very bright (much brighter then I thought). They also have 55W 4300K Blue lights.

·
I HAS BOOST!!!
94 Camry SE V6 Coup
10,728 Posts
unless u leave the factory lights in the head lights u wont be able to use the standard fog light bulb. most state inspections require the factory setting or better and fog light bulbs dont meet that. which means u have to modify the foglight and the headlight. there are alot of guys who have done the projector mod. just search for it and ull get quite a few hits.

·
Old fogey
1,429 Posts
"only around $80"? Sorry to say, but you paid way too much, especially considering they're halogen fog projectors. You can pretty much get a real set of H.I.D. projectors for that price.

You can retrofit those into your headlamp, but considering that they're fog projectors, your output is still likely to be poor compared to the regular halogen lights you have now.

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DarkMastyr said:
"only around $80"? Sorry to say, but you paid way too much, especially considering they're halogen fog projectors. You can pretty much get a real set of H.I.D. projectors for that price.

You can retrofit those into your headlamp, but considering that they're fog projectors, your output is still likely to be poor compared to the regular halogen lights you have now.
I realized that when I saw some going for $45 on HIDPlanet.com, but that was like $75 shipped so it wasnt too too bad.

And I bought crappy 7500K light bulbs, which look cool, but are crap for output. My stock ones were much brighter, so I think that the fog lights are much brighter then my current headlamps, lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts