Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
Look in sig
9,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I came across looking at a 1996 Camry LE 5SFE (anniversary edition I believe) with the two tone with the lexus like Alloys from the ES300. Has most options but what made me raise an eye brow was the leather. If you look closely and compare how the stiching design is, you'll see a different from the normal leather VS the one below. I know, the seats in the picture looks like it has gone through hell but I have not seen another Gen3 with seats like this (and I've looked at alot of Gen3 pics online). Never seen this on any LE/XLE trim w/ leather either. White as far as I know wasn't an option...maybe a special add on?

I posted the link below for the ebay auction. Too bad the car has a bad engine...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996...3257183?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item35bb2873df

· VVT-1MZ + ES5spd
Toyota Corolla
2,023 Posts
What a FUGLY Camry. Thats not Factory.
well i ran the VIN thats on the ebay page and it tells a similar story. (although the anniversary camry's were this color they had a different wheel option
Division: TOYOTA Model: Camry Grade: LE Model Year: 1996
Drive Type: 2WD Body Type: 4Dr. Sedan Engine Family: 4-cylinder - 5S Transmission: Date of First Use: 03/25/1996 Line Off Date: 01/08/1996 Plant Code: U - GEORGETOWN PLANT - TMMK
VIN: 4T1-BG12K-1TU909611 Standard Equipment: Click here to hide

EXTERIOR AERODYNAMIC HALOGEN AUTO-OFF MULTI-REFLEC HALOGN HEADLAMPS COLOR-KEYED DUAL PWR REMOTE OUTSIDE MIRRORS, BODYSIDE MOLDING AND BUMPERS FULL WHEEL COVERS COMFORT & CONVENIENCE LE FABRIC CLOTH SEATS (DRIVER'S 6-WAY ADJUSTABLE) ADJUSTABLE FRONT SHOULDER BELT ANCHORS TILT STEERING WHEEL DUAL CUPHOLDER CENTER CONSOLE W/STORAGE DIGITAL CLOCK TACHOMETER INTERMITTENT WINDSHIELD WIPERS DELUXE ETR/CASSETTE W/4 SPEAKERS AND POWER ANTENNA AIR CONDITIONER - CFC FREE POWER WINDOWS AND DOOR LOCKS CRUISE CONTROL REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER REMOTE TRUNK/FUEL LID RELEASES 60/40 SPLIT FOLD-DOWN REAR SEATS WITH SECURITY LOCKS MECHANICAL & PERFORMANCE 2.2 LITER, 4 CYLINDER, TWIN- CAM,16 VALVE,EFI ENGINE FRONT WHEEL DRIVE 4-SPEED AUTOMATIC ECT TRANS POWER RACK AND PINION STEERING 4-WHEEL INDEPENDENT SUSPENSION POWER FRONT DISC BRAKES 195/70HR14 RADIAL TIRES (5) SAFETY DRIVER AND FRONT PASSENGER AIR BAGS (SRS) 3-POINT OUTBOARD SEAT BELTS WITH ALR/ELR PASSENGER BELTS REAR CENTER LAP BELT SIDE IMPACT DOOR BEAMS CHILD PROTECTOR RR DOOR LOCKS
Exterior Color: 0040, SUPER WHITE Interior Color: FC17, GRAY
Interior Trim Color: FC, * Interior Fabric: F, *
Accessories: CA : CALIF. EMISSIONS REQUIREMENT CF : CARPETED FLOOR MATS

· Registered
Look in sig
9,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what I was thinking when I saw it. Most times not factory, but eh maybe there's something that I may know or not.

The white on grey really doesn't match too much. Maybe if the interior was a ligher color. I never really cared for the 'gray on wood trim sticker' on these Camry. Again, if the color was beige or something...

· Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,444 Posts
The EXTERIOR paint is "Collectors Edition", which was '96 only, but the Rims and Leather are NOT factory,

· Registered
Look in sig
9,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The EXTERIOR paint is "Collectors Edition", which was '96 only, but the Rims and Leather are NOT factory,
Yep.

What kind of alloys did the Collector Edition come with?

Offtopic: ASG14, I've seen pics of your Camry. Awesome job so far :chug:

· Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,444 Posts
^ Thanks man! Still a LONG way to go though. Age hasd took a beating on the body. :-/

And funny enough is when I was looking for a new car. I almost bought one of these, but domeone had just beat me to it. So I ended up with the Camry I have now,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.