Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
A Poor College Student
1994 Camry Sedan LE
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here I go again.... I've searched and couldn't find an answer I was confident in. I've got a 94 gen3 made in January 1994. According to the Camry FAQ, I should have servicable struts. I checked my brake pads today and the suspension of the front-left wheel. As you can tell by the pics, I need new mounts.

Whole assembly.

Upper Strut.

Lower spring seat.

Another full shot.

My question is, are these sealed or non-sealed? By my (very) untrained eye, they look to be sealed, meaning I need more money for new struts. Any help would be much appreciated, and forgive me if I used the wrong part names. If you need more pics, let me know. I'll be changing my brake pads by Friday.

·
permanent hiatus
735 Posts
the answer is behind that strut boot... the thing around the chrome shaft that looks like flaccid skin on a penis (sry cant think of a better analogy). lift it up, take more pics, then youll definitely get some help.

·
A Poor College Student
1994 Camry Sedan LE
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, I just "found" the Camry FAQ (not the sticky). Servicable struts have a metal top that (I guess) unscrews?

·
A Poor College Student
1994 Camry Sedan LE
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Got my new brakes put on and I do have serviceable (thank God!). I'll be ordering some Tokico's or GR2's soon.....

Another question.... Has anyone used stock springs with either the KYB's or Tokico's? I'll probably get the Tokico's for a firmer ride...

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
i've got kyb in the front with stock springs, its ok, better than monroe sensatrack...

·
Registered
3 Posts
i just did a strut job on a camry. i used tokico blue's with stock springs. he didnt have enough money to get stiffer, lower springs. you'll need a spring compressor. with lowering springs, you dont need a compressor. the tokicos will give you an amazing ride. i vote for the tokico's :D

·
A Poor College Student
1994 Camry Sedan LE
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright, I've settled on the Tokico's. I've been checking prices for the upper and lower insulators for the front and rear, and the dealer wants:

front upper: $22.90
front lower: $24
rear upper: $15.77
rear lower: $16.35

That's each. I've found the upper insulator (aka bellows) for $12 (front & rear) from Advance Auto. For you guys that did this w/ inserts, where did you get your parts from and how much? I've been searching online and can't find straight answers (ie, the seemingly same parts with different names & prices). Did universal or KYB-made fit OK?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts