Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sweet n' Lowdown
2006 Scion tC
16,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the warm and cold idle speeds...?
I pulled the needle off my tach while doing my own custom guage colors, then i thought about what some one said about not doing that. The spring unwound. At first it said at cold idle I was at 3500rpm! ...lol. I fixed that down to about 1200rpm at cold idle but it still feels wierd. So, agian... Does anyone know the rpm of warm and cold idle on the gen 3?

·
Registered
1995 Nissan Maxima
1,945 Posts
Well to answer your question, my cold and warm idle speeds are 0 km/h (0 mph) since it is idling.

But my cold idle RPMs depends on the temperature. At -10c it is at about 1700RPM and regular weather cold start RPM is about 1200. Warm idle RPM is at about 700RPM... maybe a little lower for me since I have the underdrive pulley. But it should be between about 700-800 RPM.

On 2002-02-08 17:23, BLUEMEANIE wrote:
Does anyone know the warm and cold idle speeds...?
I pulled the needle off my tach while doing my own custom guage colors, then i thought about what some one said about not doing that. The spring unwound. At first it said at cold idle I was at 3500rpm! ...lol. I fixed that down to about 1200rpm at cold idle but it still feels wierd. So, agian... Does anyone know the rpm of warm and cold idle on the gen 3?

·
Sweet n' Lowdown
2006 Scion tC
16,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RPM is the measurement of engine speed in rotations per minute, so there! :razz:

1700rpm seems a bit high...
Let me eliminate a few variables.

Cold idle constants- temp is 50degF / car has been parked over night so the engine is cold.
Warm idle constants- temp 50degF / car has been run at normal speeds for an hour so the engine is warm.

Now whats the rpm at cold and warm idle?

·
Registered
1995 Nissan Maxima
1,945 Posts
At 50 farenheit (10 celsius) I think it cold idles ar about 1200 - 1300 and warm idle is same as mentioned before.

When the car is warm the temperature needle is noticably under horizontal for me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
what position should the temp gauge be at when my car is fully warmed up and has been driven for 10 minutes or more, my temp gauge is a hair over the horizontal mark, I mean just a couple milimeters over. Is that normal? I have a 95 with the 1MZ-FE with 95K on the clock

·
Registered
1995 Nissan Maxima
1,945 Posts
I don't think its normal... but I don't see it causing any problems.

On 2002-02-09 09:30, erfan wrote:
what position should the temp gauge be at when my car is fully warmed up and has been driven for 10 minutes or more, my temp gauge is a hair over the horizontal mark, I mean just a couple milimeters over. Is that normal? I have a 95 with the 1MZ-FE with 95K on the clock

1 - 11 of 11 Posts