Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the differences between the 97-99 camry vrs the 00-01?

I know they use different taillights, but what else?

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Different rear end and different front end.

And the 00-01 has depo's available while the 97-99 I don't think does.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Nope. gen 4.5 has bigger ones that won't fit. I'm sure with enough cutting and torching you can make it fit, but I doubt it's worth it...

·
抵抗しても無駄だ
2002 Solara SLE V6
9,091 Posts
per engine:
gen4.5 california specs have no more Air Assist tube from the Throttle Body to Fuel Injectors (gen4 calif has it), so the Throttle Body and IAC valves are different between them. I think californian gen4.5 gets a little more power thanks to that mod.

Also gen4.5 ECU is different model than in gen4, but that doesn't change much ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
The daytime running light circuit is different for sure. My 01 has no resistor to unplug. I had to pull a wire from the module next to the radio to shut them off. In hindsight I could have modified the relay under the hood, but that's another topic

I'd bet there's other differences in the wiring.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The front bumper. On the 97-99, the grille and bumper cover is all one piece. On the 00-01 They are separate.

I think if you have a rear cover and a trunk and tail lamps from a Gen 4.5, they should fit on the Gen 4. Same thing for the front end all the parts will swap as long as you have everything.
im hoping this is true. I really want clear taillights, but I can't find them for a 97. Id be willing to pay for a new trunklid and notch the rear cover.

·
The Tri-Camry Family
2001 Toyota Camry
1,175 Posts
I'm ripping this off of a 2000' Camry"Foreword". I think it's for salesmens to updated themselves.

"OUTLINE OF NEW FEATURES"
- Four new exterior colors have been added, for a total of 10 colors.
-The design of the front and rear bumpers has been changed.
-The bumper and the radiator grille have been made separate, and the radiator grille is chrome-plated.
-The side protection molding has been increased in size. On the XLE grade model, chrome stripes have been adopted for the side protection molding.
-The 4-light multi-reflector type headlights are adopted with new styling.
-The design and styling of the rear combination light has been changed.
-The 16” aluminum alloy wheel and wheel cap has been added.
-The styling of the 15” full wheel cover has been changed.
-The seat cover of the LE grade model has been changed.
-Optional driver power seat added for the LE grade model.
-A check valve has been added to the power steering gear box to help reduce kickback
-The air inlet mode selector of heater control panel has been changed from the lever type to the push button type on the CE and LE grade model.
^That's my favorite change :)

There's more. It goes into details like how the driver airbag is lighter in the Gen 4.5 than the gen 4.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts