1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a quick photoshop of this gen 4.

What do you guys think? Post'em up!!!

I know that the contours of the front bumper have to be a bit smoother, but the style overall, i think, looks pretty hot. Not too sure about the side skirts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
That front bumper is a MONSTER!!! Way too big IMO.

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here's what the back looks like...

·
Fooly Sik RE!!!
318 Posts
personally i dislike that style, it looks like an Mitsu Evo... and i really really hate lancers that pretend to be Evos, let alone a Camry (although the kit can look ok on some Gen5s). plus you would never get anywhere with it unless youre on a racetrack.

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
er...stay awake from the EVO look IMO...i just think it doesn't go with the camry, the round lights and all.

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,129 Posts
bad War, no more ugly pics..:nono:

jk

kit doesnt really fit with the car...

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, my photoshop skills are no ways near yours razo, but hey, i tried.

I kinda thought the kit would look alright in person than in a picture. But we'll never know cause i'm not getting a custom bodykit like that.

Maybe i'll stick with getting an EVO IV:D

·
Idon't brag I mostlyboast
MTA MetroCard
5,951 Posts
back is phat, front is whack

this should be your front. ED-R34

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
OMG.. that's hideous. Eddie's front end is great. I like the TRD one as well. Too bad the Gen 4 doesn't take to body kits that well.

Yeah, stay away from Ugly styles like the JT body kits.

·
MTA MetroCard
5,951 Posts
^^because of the grille. most kits always have a huge gap between the hood and the grille. Plus all the backs for gen 4's always seem to be modeled after the Acura NSX rear.

·
Mr. A. Wong
634 Posts
what i personally dont like is when a front bumper kit jets out and parallel to the ground. it's so.. i don kno, i just dont like it

it's like a guy's beard that goes outward perpendicular to his face as opposed to downward.

ok now if only anyone understood that.. :D

·
MTA MetroCard
5,951 Posts
^^you mean grows straight out?

drew, some of them have a gap of maybe 1-1.5 inches between the hood and top of the grille. that makes the front look ugly.

Extreme dimensions used to have a really hideous one, but when i looked for the R34 kit yesterday, I didn't see it anymore.

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,129 Posts
the reason it has that gap is because the 4.5s have a grille that wouldnt fit on the 4's, so they just do that to make it more universal...

i dont like kits that are just there for the sake of having a kit...

get a kit that enhances the lines, or dont get a kit at all...

the "ricer" mentality in my mind is that ANYTHING OEM is ugly and must be replaced, at all costs, with anything, as long as it isnt stock (hence all of these ugly ass useless/counter productive parts)...

also, just because you are the only one, doesnt mean it looks good...

unique DOESNT have to mean ugly..

*cough cough*...

just my opinion...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts