Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
There is no substitute.
7,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody interested to do a GB on this? I think it'll probably fit our Gen3s. It won't hurt if these are on the car, they're not too expensive either.

Suspension Bushing Set
Part Number:
00602-48700-100
Retail Price: $30.00
Internet Special: $28.29

CAMRY/CAMRY SOLARA 1997-1999
These bushings and motor mounts directly replace original equipment mounts. They are made of a high-quality rubber compound that is significantly stiffer than stock but not as harsh as solid mounts. They help reduce suspension play and maintain the suspension's intended geometry.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Are those for the struts?

·
There is no substitute.
7,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But the set that TRD is selling includes suspension + motor mounts bushings altogether.

And where does that page says it fits the gen3?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
FYI, that part number used to be the TRD isolator kit for their suspension application. I e-mailed Toyotaparts4U about the inquiry, and they claimed that part "number" has been discontinued. TP4U didn't say anything about the bushing kit, unless their database is not up-to-date.

Luc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Luc on 2001-10-24 17:51 ]</font>

·
There is no substitute.
7,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On my order sheet, it DOES say it's the isolator kit from TRD. I've just made my order for this and I hope it will make a difference after I install them. Luc: is it difficult to put these in?

From what I know, TRD struts come with the isolator kit and that's why TRD discontinued it.

PS: I wonder why the dealer can order this item?

"H&As: You take our Altezzas, we take your antennas!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaMuRi on 2001-10-24 18:31 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
On 2001-10-24 18:30, KaMuRi wrote:
On my order sheet, it DOES say it's the isolator kit from TRD. I've just made my order for this and I hope it will make a difference after I install them. Luc: is it difficult to put these in?

From what I know, TRD struts come with the isolator kit and that's why TRD discontinued it.

PS: I wonder why the dealer can order this item?
Well, if it's still the isolator kit, it's only good for the front strut mounts. Those pictures are VERY misleading as they are not engine mounts. These were used to alleviate the noises from the earlier Gen4 front suspension. I don't know if the latest TRD suspension comes with the kit or not, but the isolator kit definitely has been disocontinued. They are actually not hard to install, the instructions are included with the tools needed; you should get two sets of thick rubber gaskets, oval and circular. However, you may not need it since the Gen3 strut mounts were actually better than the Gen4's. You know, Howard actually was looking for a set...

Luc

·
There is no substitute.
7,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahhh now I'm really confused for what I just ordered. :sad:

Anyway, if it turns out that I don't really need it, I'll throw it out to whoever that wants this.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
On 2001-10-24 19:13, KaMuRi wrote:
Ahhh now I'm really confused for what I just ordered. :sad:

Anyway, if it turns out that I don't really need it, I'll throw it out to whoever that wants this.
Actually, if you can save it for Howard, he was looking for a set before. Otherwise, take a look at your strut mount through the engine bay, if it's oval-shaped, I have two sets that you can use instead.

Luc

·
Registered
134 Posts
Kamuri....may sure you keep calling them, if you are talking about the TRD struts isolator kits....forget it, they are no longer exist, I try to order that like 3 months ago but TP4U waited like 2 months and told me they are no longer exist....

Make sure they did charge you....but if you got one and decided not to use them, I will buy that from you...

Howard (Rookie Solara)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts