Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm well aware there are no LED side mirror turn signals for the gen4 besides maybe modding an avalon kit. Has anyone done this and have pics? I would be interested to hear about it. Either the turn signals being in the mirror itself or in the plastic housing.

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
I have done this the signals in the mirror lenses, its not that hard.... I say total time roughly 2hrs.

I actually switched to heat mirrors when I did the install..... I done this to my 98 Camry and 01 Camry.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sportivo Concepts said:
I have done this the signals in the mirror lenses, its not that hard.... I say total time roughly 2hrs.

I actually switched to heat mirrors when I did the install..... I done this to my 98 Camry and 01 Camry.
that sounds interesting, can you tell me wat parts do i need, n where I can get them??

·
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So did you use the Avalon mirrors or did you find actual Camry ones?

I've also heard of people making their own by peeling of the reflective coating to expose their LEDs. sounds interesting...

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
I used the housing from the Avalon, and LED mirrors that we carry, the mirrors are direct factory replacements for the Avalon that comes with the LEDs already built into them.

They are made by a company that are the orginal makers of these mirrors and make them for the buses, trucks and are the OEM supplier for alot of auto manufactuers.

You can also use the mirrors designed for the Rav4 also.

As for parts a couple of allen wrenches, hex heads and star heads, phillips screw drivers, wire cutter/strippers/crimper, caps, and wire connectors and thats about it.

No pics.... use to have them old my old comp before it died

1 - 7 of 7 Posts