Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BAM! It's SPAM!!!
99 Camry XLE V6
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before anybody starts flaming me, yes I did try to search for this and no I didn't find anything on this. I dunno if this has been covered before or not but can teh emblem on the grill of the gen4 come off or is it stuck on the grill. The reason being is that I'm thinking of painting it that black chrome kinda look. If anyone can give me some info on this then please do so. o ya I have a '99 XLE btw

·
I'm a NOOB at <3
135 Posts
yeah you can take it off, It jsut clips on.... I took mine off when I was taking my bumper off...I'm trying to figure out a way to make a nice grill with out the emblem

·
BAM! It's SPAM!!!
99 Camry XLE V6
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so how do i take the emblem off? screwdriver, fishing line? reson being is that i dont wanna do some damage to it

·
How hard can it be?
2006 Pontiac G6 GT
2,614 Posts
On mine i can take it off with a (+) head screwdriver. :)

·
I'm a NOOB at <3
135 Posts
I took a very small flat head screwdriver and just pide it off but I took my time and carefully did it cause I was afraid that I was gonna ruin my paint and mess it up. My other friends took theres off with there bare hands it was on there but it just come out like clip thingy

·
BAM! It's SPAM!!!
99 Camry XLE V6
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do i remove the whole emblem with the black thing thats attached to it or can i just remove the emblem itself?

·
BAM! It's SPAM!!!
99 Camry XLE V6
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nm i got it off. i accidentally broke off one of the pegs on it tho

1 - 7 of 7 Posts