Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all. I'm new to the forum and looking for info about a wheel swap. I have a 1999 Camry LE with 14" steel wheels + hubcaps and I'm looking to replace them with 2002 Camry 15" OEM alloys. I've located the wheels and they already have P205/65R/15 Goodyear tires mounted, but I'm concerned that they may not fit. I would need to order them so I have no way to test them out. They also don't include lug nuts. Can someone please help out with some info on this? Thanks. :)
 

·
Big Wrench
Joined
·
397 Posts
johnsdav said:
I have a 1999 Camry LE with 14" steel wheels + hubcaps and I'm looking to replace them with 2002 Camry 15" OEM alloys. I've located the wheels and they already have P205/65R/15 Goodyear tires mounted, but I'm concerned that they may not fit.

A cool website is tirerack.com. Enter your vehicle info and they have a upgrade link that tells you what size rims with what size tires will fit. But yes they will fit.

http://www.tirerack.com/
 

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
Joined
·
3,192 Posts
I have the gen 5 XLE rims (16's) on my gen 4 camry. I'm lazy and don't have pics. As far as the fitment (if i needed spacers, etc). NOPE! my only regrets are the bidgestone potenza's RE 92 that come std on gen 5 camry, i'm at 6K miles on the wheel+tire combo and it looks like i might need replacement in another 6K miles!
 

·
Big Wrench
Joined
·
397 Posts
jhbhatia said:
my only regrets are the bidgestone potenza's RE 92 that come std on gen 5 camry, i'm at 6K miles on the wheel+tire combo and it looks like i might need replacement in another 6K miles!
Been drifting?:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bridgestones are good tires. All tires wear out fast when driven hard.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
They will be a perfect fit. My 2000 (Gen 4.5) came with 15 inch wheels and 205/65/15's. I switched to a Gen 5 wheel from a Camry SE and now have 215/55/16's. I need a 3mm spacer in the rear for them to fit properly. The swap you want to do won't require spacers.

jhbhatia-- I had those horrible Bridgestones. They came standard on my 2000. I had to replace them at 27,000 and that was stretching it a bit! I am now using the Continental Extreme Contact. They are excellant in dry, wet, and even snow. They seem like they will last a long time, too. I already have 20,000 miles on them and they still look new. At 20,000 the Bridgestones already looked badly worn.
 

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
Joined
·
3,192 Posts
Mikey21 said:
Been drifting?:lol: :lol: :lol:
HAHA...hardly...actually my wifee drives the camry, i don't know.... :confused:
IN all reality, the bridgestone potenzas RE92 on my solara were worn out at 18K miles, i think....They just suck at making RE92's.
 

·
Big Wrench
Joined
·
397 Posts
jhbhatia said:
HAHA...hardly...actually my wifee drives the camry, i don't know.... :confused:
IN all reality, the bridgestone potenzas RE92 on my solara were worn out at 18K miles, i think....They just suck at making RE92's.
RE92 is a Performance Tire so it has a softer rubber compound.

But the Re92's have a,

40,000 MILE LIMITED TREADWEAR WARRANTY † ( †Prorated replacement if warranted mileage not attained; actual tread life my vary. Certain restrictions and limitations may apply. Ask your retailer for details.).

PLATINUM PACT LIMITED WARRANTY†† (††Replacement at no charge (excluding taxes and disposal fees) if your Bridgestone tire becomes unusable for any reason within the manufacturer's control for up to 3 years from date of purchase or 4 years from date of manufacture, whichever is to the owner's advantage. Certain restrictions and limitiations may apply.)

So no worries. Take it in to the Bridgestone dealer when they need to be changed to get the remaining mileage prorated or the tire replaced for free if less than three years since you purchased your Gen5. :)
 

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
Joined
·
3,192 Posts
^^ info would have been nice to know before, anyhow good for those who currently have them.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top