Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
4u2nv
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!!
My cam isn't even a year old and its making funny noises. When im driving, if i go over a bump the back of the car squeeks. I stood outside and had my friend go over a speed bump SLOWLY and it still makes the sound at the back only. Im not sure if its the spring, struts or my TRD rsb. Its the first time the car will be in cold weather with the sway bar. Do you guys know what could be the reason for this problem :confused: :confused:

·
Lurker Supreme
66 Posts
My car squeeks whenever I am parking and I turn the wheel left it makes a sqeeking noise. When I turn the wheel back to the right it almost sounds like a popping noise. It only happens when I am going less than 10mph. I guess the gen 5s have lots of squeeks.

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
kasimmmmm said:
Help!!!
My cam isn't even a year old and its making funny noises. When im driving, if i go over a bump the back of the car squeeks. I stood outside and had my friend go over a speed bump SLOWLY and it still makes the sound at the back only. Im not sure if its the spring, struts or my TRD rsb. Its the first time the car will be in cold weather with the sway bar. Do you guys know what could be the reason for this problem :confused: :confused:
the grease on your rsb bushings could be dried up, try reapllying some

·
yah ..... okay
USE20
383 Posts
sway bar bushing is just two pieces of rubber or polyurethane and holds your sway bar in place, well kinda lol.

yah but anyways, jack up your car look under, the very end of your sway bar will attatch to your "linkage" and then near the middle part of your sway bar you will see the bushing holding onto the sway bar. Take them out (they are just being hold by two nuts) grease them again would be a great idea to start with =) cause mine already start sqeeking lol, use white lithium grase.

good luck with it =)

·
Mighty Flying Family Sedn
Camry
510 Posts
ot.

i get squeaks from my driver seat.... no clue as to where around the seat..

freaking annoying:mad:

·
Big Wrench
397 Posts
My suggestion is you take it back in to the dealer and show them the noise or describe the problem. It's got a 36 month warranty and noises should be covered. I looked and there is a TSB on the cowl cover on some Gen5's. It scrapes the botttom of the windsheild causing squeeks.

So take it back to the dealer and make them fix it. Your Camry should be a quiet and smooth riding.

Kasimm,
Grease the RSB to make sure that's not the problem. If it's still making noise I would then take it in. Reason being they might charge you for it, since it's an aftermarket part that needed service.

Mike

·
4u2nv
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just to let you guys know, I did what Mike said... took it to the dealership and they said that the bushing needed lubrication. Now there's no more noise.:banana:
Thanks for your help ppl!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Dealer fixed my seeat belt noises on mine.They were very helpful, and its still under warranty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts