Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm hoping a current gen Avalon owner can help me get some dimensions before I decide whether I should order a Camry or Avalon, or need to go with another vehicle due to my cargo requirements. I don't have access to one locally, so may be ordering blindly. Updated with dimensions provided by Woodman911 and cb91710 in blue. Thank you!

A: Depth/height of opening (above the bumper to below the windshield, so this is on an angle). The deepest dimension of an item you can drop in at that angle. 17 3/4”
B: Width of opening at widest point. The widest dimension of an item you can drop straight down. 47 1/2”
C: Depth at floor/total depth from the back of the 2nd row seats to the end of the trunk. 46 3/4”
D: Width at the floor at the widest point/behind the wheel wells. 63 1/2”
E (Not shown): Width of the pass-through opening with the 2nd row seats folded down: just a hair narrower than 30"

J: Depth of the trunk lid would be helpful so I can estimate the deepest box I could drop straight down without angling would be very helpful. Technically I'd like the horizontal aspect of the opening measurement A, but this is probably easier to measure. 15 1/4”

Car Hood Trunk Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Glasses Outerwear Shoulder Product Human body

Any help would be appreciated! I posted in the Camry forum for those measurements, but am considering an Avalon if it better suits my needs. Coming from a 98 Camry.

·
Registered
Charger R/T Hemi
370 Posts
Toyota is not taking orders for any Avalon vehicles. They are being allocated the last production run of Avalons from the factory in Georgetown, Kentucky up through mid July. Toyota will discontinue and stop manufacturing the Avalon after that. You can still buy an Avalon, but you need to check with the Toyota dealers to see what they're getting in for Avalon allocations. I know for example that the Toyota dealers in the entire northeast US region are getting a total of 35 Avalon vehicles. I was lucky to find a fully loaded Avalon Limited in Supersonic Red with a cognac interior that's a very rare color combination that was still available and unsold that I grabbed right away. There were only 3 Avalons in the entire country in this rare color combination.

I don't know which part of the country that you're located in, but you can find out what the Toyota dealers in your area are getting in for their final allocations before Toyota stops production on this particular model and you can put a deposit on it and take delivery when the car arrives at the dealership. Some dealers might have 1 or 2 Avalons on their lot too. The Each Toyota dealership here in my area is usually allocated and receives 2 or 3 Avalons for their allocation for the rest of the production year before Toyota stops production in mid July.

The Avalon has a huge trunk with a lot of trunk space. It has much more trunk space than the Camry. The Avalon is a full sized car and the Camry is a mid sized car. The Avalon also has much more room inside than the Camry. I recommend the Avalon if you are looking for more trunk space and more interior space.It has 16.1 cubic feet of trunk space. You can also fold down the rear seats and have even more additional trunk space. I hope that this information helps so you can buy the Avalon. The Camry has much less trunk space and interior space than the Avalon. The Avalon is the best choice if you are looking for a full size car that has a lot of room inside of it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Toyota is not taking orders for any Avalon vehicles. They are being allocated the last production run of Avalons from the factory in Georgetown, Kentucky up through mid July.
Thanks for all of the info! I only recently found out the Avalon was being phased out, but luckily there are a few in my region still. Unfortunately I'd need to get one transferred to a closer dealer with my car barely drivable. I love the Camry but the current gen trunk opening seems so small that I may need to pay for that utility if the Avalon gives me a couple more inches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts