Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
2008 Highlander Base
35,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lounge is for Highlander owners who wish to chat about themselves, their lives, or anything in general that comes to mind without any concern with hijacking threads or taking discussions off-topic in the 01-07 & 08+ Highlander sections. Nevertheless, discussion about your Highlanders is also welcome. Talk here should remain clean, with no posting of nasty photos or talk that are the realm of the Off Topic forum. Any posts of that nature will be moved there or to General Discussion if required.

Model specific questions and/or comments can be placed in the appropriate 01-07 & 08+ Highlander sections. Thanks, and enjoy!

TrailDust

·
Registered
Toyota Highlander
1 Posts
A new Highlander Owner

Today after selling our Mitsu Endeavor with 190K km I became an owner of a 2011 Highlander Sport. Already did 100 miles and can tell this vehicle is from the other world! It drives like a car and it is still a mid-size SUV. My family is as excited as I am and we are fascinated by its comfortable ride.

·
Administrator
2008 Highlander Base
35,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today after selling our Mitsu Endeavor with 190K km I became an owner of a 2011 Highlander Sport. Already did 100 miles and can tell this vehicle is from the other world! It drives like a car and it is still a mid-size SUV. My family is as excited as I am and we are fascinated by its comfortable ride.
Congratulations on the new Highlander!
Also, welcome to Toyota Nation and to the Highlander forums too!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good luck I have not found a up grade yet just the((( cheep std. lamp 23w ))) just like a old ZIPPO lighter, all other cars in the line have a 55w lamp. After having PIPA fog lamps the ones on the Highlander are great side marker lamps. not fog lamps. this is not the quality the I WOULD EXCEPT FROM Toyota After all the Highlander IS NOT A CHEEP?PRICE SUV. IF ANY BODY FINDS A UP GRADE REPLACEMENT POST THE REPLACEMENT #
the form has a post about LED"S they look bright but not much light. to use hid you will need to change the housing the plastic lens could melt, again the other cars on the Toyota lot have glass . that is some thing to think about

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi folks, I own a highlander 08 v6 Ltd 4wd, how do I play my YouTube music to the built in Bluetooth need help with that pls thanks

·
Administrator
2008 Highlander Base
35,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What happened to our forum?? Where are all the 'stickys' with repair instructions/advice?
Complain to Vertical Scope. The forums in general, and these Highlander forums in particular, are being atrociously moderated. They set the new forums and the new volunteer staff paradigm, and they own all the new problems. Contact VS via the site issue forum or through the contact page.

·
Registered
2014 Toy Highlander
21 Posts
Complain to Vertical Scope. The forums in general, and these Highlander forums in particular, are being atrociously moderated. They set the new forums and the new volunteer staff paradigm, and they own all the new problems. Contact VS via the site issue forum or through the contact page.
Well CRAP! VS owns this site too! They ruin every site they buy. They don't understand American humor at all. When they bought our Gold Wing site they banned quite a few guys because they were bantering back and forth like 'friends' do. No understanding of American culture. Not this site has gone to hell too!

·
Administrator
2008 Highlander Base
35,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well CRAP! VS owns this site too! They ruin every site they buy. They don't understand American humor at all. When they bought our Gold Wing site they banned quite a few guys because they were bantering back and forth like 'friends' do. No understanding of American culture. Not this site has gone to hell too!
Frankly, that's why I'm surprised they haven't shut down the Off Topic forum yet. However, when you consider that forum and its threads get the second most traffic among Toyota Nation forums, and thus "bring in" any number of people to the forums, perhaps from a business standpoint they realize they'd shoot the goose that laid the golden egg. Just speculation. I have a very good handle on it, though, since I administered these forums for nine years until the recent makeover. All good things....

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
3,709 Posts
What happened to our forum?? Where are all the 'stickys' with repair instructions/advice?
A few Mods have taken on the task to cull through stickies and such - the changeover caused some issues, I think. Wading through all the threads and re-aligning the stickies is a job. In other areas I have noted some that have mostly dead links and dead pic slots - going to take awhile to sort through them all and clean them up.

You regular contributors can help - grab a Mod name or three and shoot a message when you find someone posts a usable thread up that looks good for a sticky. For me the HL area is not one I tend to frequent, and when you don't pop into an area for a bit it takes three minutes shy of forever to load up and read through all the posts.

Also, us Mods were caught off-guard as well on the changes. There is no training content or "here's how this now works" kind of place even we can go to get the feel of the site. So we squeeze it all in as we can. It will get there!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts