Toyota Nation Forum banner
721 - 740 of 776 Posts

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #721 ·
Will any 5vz intake tube fit to my stock air box? IE: from a 4Runner, Tundra or Tacoma? Mine is dry rotted to hell. I know my old tacos had a different air box but the tube looks the same to me. And I believe the 5vz Tundras have the same box as T100
It will fit the throttle body side and the MAF side but I'm going to guess that it will be too short because the T-100 engine bay was much larger than the Tacoma/4Runner engine bay. Take a shot and see. You never know. ;)

Reactions: 97tacomaHA

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Eye Automotive tire Tire Human body Wood

·
Registered
'97 T100 3.4 V6 DLX Xtra Cab 4x4
379 Posts
Just thought I'd put this out there, if you guys have that foam packing that sits at the bottom of the frame that sits below your AC condenser, I would highly recommend removing that foam packing as when you wash your truck or when it rains it stays soaking wet and now that bracket that goes from frame to frame on mine is rotted out
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Road surface Bicycle tire Bumper Asphalt

Remove that foam piece

·
Registered
I like unicorns!
88 Posts
Almost all the T100s I've looked at the last couple of years has that crossmemeber rusted pretty bad, even when there isn't much rust anywhere else.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Didn't want to start a thread,.I'll just ask here

Who here still have their original catalytic converter? Still have mine, but my tailpipe muffler just got replaced,.went to local muffler shop got an AP muffler, I wanted a Walker, bit no one around me has in stock, as for my CAT, guy said I should replace, if so, what brand should I go with? Seen lots of options online

·
Registered
379 Posts
200k+ on my 98. Why did they want to replace yours? Rusty or beat up?
That's what the shop guy said, I was sitting outside and he waved me in, he banged on it, you could here a lot of loose debris in it, I said not now, maybe later, but I figured on the way home that it's been on since '97, T has 376K, I'll give to end of the year

·
Registered
379 Posts
Is there a part number or hose size for the hose RETURN tube for the PS? Crawled underneath and the RETURN hose has cracks on the underside of hose

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Fender Gas Automotive exterior

·
Registered
I like unicorns!
88 Posts
Not much preform on those return hoses. Not worth paying for a Toyota hose.
Replaced them on other cars. Some you can just use bulk hose and some require oem style bent preformed hoses.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Almost all the T100s I've looked at the last couple of years has that crossmemeber rusted pretty bad, even when there isn't much rust anywhere else.
i would think there MUST be a salted element to degrade and eat at the special Toyota coating, i have NO other explanation for it, unless it got scratched and primer compromised? then normal water wreaks HAVOC on this 'special' steel and it gets NASTY from a simple rain, i have a pic of that somewhere lol

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ok fellas, please don't bash me, I'm still learning my T, but what is that canister in the front driver's side wheel well that has one hose to it? Charcoal canister?
Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Gas Auto part Tread

And this next...in the engine bay, behind the battery along the wall is a hose but with two ports, what's the other port for? I see nothing else needing a hose
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Tread Bumper

I don't see anything else that needs to connect to it, finally this last hose, why does it go through the frame?
Automotive tire Tire Tread Motor vehicle Wood

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle brake Automotive design Alloy wheel

What's that for?

·
Registered
97 T100 v6 5pd 4x4, 06 Tundra v8 4x4
91 Posts
@TXRailroads73 does your 4x4 shifter have a plastic bezel and leather boot(s, if manual)? Mines just a metal plate and 2 rubber boots. Looks sh***y. The tacos and 4runner shifter bezels are super clean looking. I'm trying to find out of our trucks came with one originally and mines just missing or what

721 - 740 of 776 Posts