Toyota Nation Forum banner
741 - 760 of 776 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Toyota T100 4X4
58 Posts
@TXRailroads73 does your 4x4 shifter have a plastic bezel and leather boot(s, if manual)? Mines just a metal plate and 2 rubber boots. Looks sh***y. The tacos and 4runner shifter bezels are super clean looking. I'm trying to find out of our trucks came with one originally and mines just missing or what
The SR5 trucks totally did. DX trucks had the rubber boots. No idea why I can't post pictures here anymore, but if you search "Toyota T100 SR5 Interior" you will find images of the parts you seek.

If memory serves, it was just a simple plastic bezel with two faux leather boots in it that bolted to the floor via 4 metal tabs on the SR5 trucks. Been a while since I've seen one at a junkyard. 4Runner and Pickup equivalents seem awfully similar and could probably be retrofitted to the truck.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #742 ·
No idea why I can't post pictures here anymore
This is how you attach an image. Click the spot where you want the image to appear. Click on the "Insert Image" (Ctrl + P) icon. ;)
Sky Audio equipment Font Circle Display device

It will then pop up with an "Drop Image" box where you can drop the image or click in the box to pull up an "Open File" dialog. ;)
Font Rectangle Circle Display device Darkness

·
Registered
97 T100 v6 5pd 4x4, 06 Tundra v8 4x4
91 Posts
The SR5 trucks totally did. DX trucks had the rubber boots. No idea why I can't post pictures here anymore, but if you search "Toyota T100 SR5 Interior" you will find images of the parts you seek.

If memory serves, it was just a simple plastic bezel with two faux leather boots in it that bolted to the floor via 4 metal tabs on the SR5 trucks. Been a while since I've seen one at a junkyard. 4Runner and Pickup equivalents seem awfully similar and could probably be retrofitted to the truck.
That's what I was thinking. The taco 4x4 manual bezel has a passenger side cupholder too that expands to make a 2nd cup holder. That's the one I'd like to retrofit, since our cup holders are crap

·
Registered
'97 T100 3.4 V6 DLX Xtra Cab 4x4
379 Posts
@TXRailroads73 does your 4x4 shifter have a plastic bezel and leather boot(s, if manual)? Mines just a metal plate and 2 rubber boots. Looks sh***y. The tacos and 4runner shifter bezels are super clean looking. I'm trying to find out of our trucks came with one originally and mines just missing or what
Sorry, my T is automatic, rubber boot covering the shifter

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Ok fellas, please don't bash me, I'm still learning my T, but what is that canister in the front driver's side wheel well that has one hose to it? Charcoal canister?
View attachment 351797

And this next...in the engine bay, behind the battery along the wall is a hose but with two ports, what's the other port for? I see nothing else needing a hose
View attachment 351798
I don't see anything else that needs to connect to it, finally this last hose, why does it go through the frame?
View attachment 351799
View attachment 351800
What's that for?
its not the charcoal canister
that canister with the hose is for the vacuum switching thing for the ADD 4wd system, if i am not mistaken
i questioned it too once on the taco!

is the charcoal canister in the engine bay?
a big rectangular box looking thing with a bunch of hoses popping out everywhere

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
That's what I was thinking. The taco 4x4 manual bezel has a passenger side cupholder too that expands to make a 2nd cup holder. That's the one I'd like to retrofit, since our cup holders are crap
i don't have that cup holder bezel thing on the floor because my taco is a damned dinosaur :D:LOL::ROFLMAO:
... have to keep my eyes on the road to watch out for those stupid 4ft tumbleweeds, had one pop up and hit me yesterday at least 40mph it was moving and clipped me in the back 1/4

• Haha
Reactions: because_wumbo-truck

·
Registered
1995 Toyota T100 4X4
58 Posts
I know I've seen a video of someone removing one of these things before. It was Dirt Garage when he installed dual transfer cases into his pickup.
He removes the center console at 1:50
You can see one of the metal tabs that secures the shift boot assembly to the floor at 1:57
Interestingly enough, the two rubber boots are installed under the faux leather!

So to retrofit one on a T100, I think you'd need to fabricate and tack weld some metal tabs to the floor, or better yet, to the metal bracket that holds the rubber boots in place. It would be cool if you could figure out a way to get a decent looking console with cupholders in. The flimsy ones above the radio are trash.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I know I've seen a video of someone removing one of these things before. It was Dirt Garage when he installed dual transfer cases into his pickup.
He removes the center console at 1:50
You can see one of the metal tabs that secures the shift boot assembly to the floor at 1:57
Interestingly enough, the two rubber boots are installed under the faux leather!

So to retrofit one on a T100, I think you'd need to fabricate and tack weld some metal tabs to the floor, or better yet, to the metal bracket that holds the rubber boots in place. It would be cool if you could figure out a way to get a decent looking console with cupholders in. The flimsy ones above the radio are trash.
Assuming it fits the right dimensions, I figured if I couldn't find a bracket, I'd just buy a few right angle brackets at the hardware store and bolt em to the existing metal bezel holes then bolt the console to the angles.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I didn't realize that sensor for the p0450 was so easy to replace. I finally popped the hood this morning and did it. I thought I was going to have to either remove the bed or drop the fuel tank lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
If my truck has keyless entry would it be like the tacos behind driver kick panel? And if so, should I expect it to be a VIP RS3000 like my 99 taco had? My truck only had one key and no fobs. So I plan to first fix my locks then investigate for keyless module and buy fobs

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #752 ·
If my truck has keyless entry would it be like the tacos behind driver kick panel? And if so, should I expect it to be a VIP RS3000 like my 99 taco had? My truck only had one key and no fobs. So I plan to first fix my locks then investigate for keyless module and buy fobs
The RS3000 was usually installed under the driver's seat. If not there, it could be tucked up under the dash or behind the instrument cluster. The wiring harness going to it is a dead giveaway because they used solid colored wiring. ;)

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #753 ·
I see you have a 1997 T-100. Mine is a 1998 T-100 and was installed with a Securikey system. You can usually tell this by a red LED switch mounted on the left side cutouts. I was having a lot of different issues with my system so all I did was unplug the harness from the controller. No more issues. ;)

Give this a read. ;)

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #754 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Anyone know the part number to the nut that holds the center/carrier bearing,the one that you can hammer a notch into?

·
Registered
379 Posts
So that still slight vibration is the double cardan ball joint, but that whole shaft I got from a driveshaft shop in Houston, no one up here does, just have to drive slow, it's just a tad loose

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Anyone know the part number to the nut that holds the center/carrier bearing,the one that you can hammer a notch into?
Did you find that part #?

Reactions: TXRailroads73

·
Registered
379 Posts
Did you remember the washer?
Yes, I bought some jack stands here in Oklahoma, jacked rear end off ground, it's the cardan ball joint in center, the two U joints are fine plus the outer two u joints, I need that ball joint kit, a seal, ball and a spring, believe some other parts as well, gonna be hard to find I bet

741 - 760 of 776 Posts