Toyota Nation Forum banner
781 - 800 of 893 Posts

·
Registered
'97 T100 3.4 V6 DLX Xtra Cab 4x4
422 Posts
So has anyone never changed out the seal??? As far as I know tire, rotor, caliper to the side, CV axle come off, and also that metal tube, what's inside that tube??? And is that seal hard to remove???

·
Registered
223 Posts
You have a filter??? Pic?
I took these pictures a while ago to reply here but then I couldn’t find where someone asked for a photo. Well, I’m sure it’s too late for you but maybe the next guy will stumble across this and find it useful.

Here is the Magnefine transmission fluid filter mounted almost horizontally in the transmission cooler return line as seen from the front of the truck looking down into the passenger side of the engine bay. I zip tied it to the other transmission cooler line for stability.
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Tread Motor vehicle

Here is the Magnefine transmission fluid filter mounted vertically in the power steering pump return line as seen from the front of the truck looking down into the driver’s side of the the engine bay. This hose is preformed and a little rigid so no extra stabilization was necessary.
Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

·
Registered
422 Posts
I took these pictures a while ago to reply here but then I couldn’t find where someone asked for a photo. Well, I’m sure it’s too late for you but maybe the next guy will stumble across this and find it useful.

Here is the Magnefine transmission fluid filter mounted almost horizontally in the transmission cooler return line as seen from the front of the truck looking down into the passenger side of the engine bay. I zip tied it to the other transmission cooler line for stability.
View attachment 356485

Here is the Magnefine transmission fluid filter mounted vertically in the power steering pump return line as seen from the front of the truck looking down into the driver’s side of the the engine bay. This hose is preformed and a little rigid so no extra stabilization was necessary.
View attachment 356486
I just replaced that line as it had cracks underneath it

·
Registered
422 Posts
So tires listed for my '97 are 265*70*R16, but I want that slightly taller look???? Would that be the 31*10.50*15??? I'm on discount tire site, can I slap on 31's??? If I list my truck under a diff year and SR5??? Found a great wheel tire combo deal

·
Registered
422 Posts
Also, door window sill, do they still make these or can we order new online? The part that the window slides in between squeals so loud! No flexibility in them no more

·
1997 T-100 bought Sept`02
1997 T-100 DX X-cab
194 Posts
@TXRailroads73, a close friend of mine owned/operated an appliance business and he recommended to me to try vaseline on a refridgerator gasket to loosen it. You may give that a try n the meantime! It helped the gasket to seal better IMO.

·
Registered
97 T100 v6 5pd 4x4, 06 Tundra v8 4x4
132 Posts
So tires listed for my '97 are 265*70*R16, but I want that slightly taller look???? Would that be the 31*10.50*15??? I'm on discount tire site, can I slap on 31's??? If I list my truck under a diff year and SR5??? Found a great wheel tire combo deal
265/75r16 would be perfect. Of you're on a 15 use a tire size calculator Tire Size Calculator

·
Registered
1995 Toyota T100 4X4
115 Posts
But 31 are smaller than my 265 correct?
265/70R16 is roughly 30.6 x 10.4 R16 so technically a bit smaller than the 31s. However, I doubt you would notice the difference. Here's a tire size chart to help with tire size comparisons. I recall reading somewhere that for my factory 15" wheels, 31 x 10.5 R15 was the largest I could run without rubbing.

·
Registered
I like unicorns!
95 Posts
I've had the old style bfgs on another T100 that were 31x10.5X15 and no rubbing.
Also note that actual size may be different than whatever is on the side of the tire. Aggressive off-road tread versus a road tire.
Tire rack has pretty good dimensional info on their site.
The setup I have is the biggest I could fit with stock lift and mudflaps!
And 31s are rarely 31".

781 - 800 of 893 Posts