Toyota Nation Forum banner
821 - 840 of 893 Posts

·
Registered
'97 T100 3.4 V6 DLX Xtra Cab 4x4
422 Posts
Question, why during cold weather, upper 30's and lower does my master cylinder leak from bottom of where the reservoir mounts??? They make a kit for this or just buy a new one? Summer season, master cylinder doesn't leak

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #825 ·
Question, why during cold weather, upper 30's and lower does my master cylinder leak from bottom of where the reservoir mounts??? They make a kit for this or just buy a new one? Summer season, master cylinder doesn't leak
Sounds like you have a failing reservoir grommet. MSRP is about $12 at the dealership. Part number 47255-20010.

·
Registered
'97 T100 3.4 V6 DLX Xtra Cab 4x4
422 Posts

·
1997 T-100 bought Sept`02
1997 T-100 DX X-cab
194 Posts
@BZP...I just happened to see that same video a few days ago. The Taco towing the T surprised me, maybe the T driver was inexperienced! The incline of that trail is much steeper than it appears and very large boulders too, n my opinion that T was smart not to go it alone. Once on my famliy's property I was at the bottom of a ridge with a 35-40 degree rocky incline to get back to the top and I was alone. It had been raining and the rocky terrain was slippery so it took me 20-25 minutes to make it out, one reason was because I had no weight n the cargo bed...I was lucky and now If I attempt that I will have more weight n the cargo bed and not be alone! (99% sure that I won't attempt that again because now 12 yrs later the road has washed out more).

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
It appears he was not using 4wd or doesn't have it?

·
1997 T-100 bought Sept`02
1997 T-100 DX X-cab
194 Posts
yeah 97taco....seems 4WD was not being used at the point where the Taco had to begin towing. He had to have 4WD or else the others in that group would've told him...hey bud you're on your own! We ain't waiting for u or towing you up this trail! :unsure:

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
MT or AT?

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #832 ·
Definitely a 4WD based on the A pillar grab handles. Seems the 4WD system is working as you can see the front wheels grabbing. Probably needs to air down a little to git a better bite. ;)

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Definitely a 4WD based on the A pillar grab handles. Seems the 4WD system is working as you can see the front wheels grabbing. Probably needs to air down a little to git a better bite. ;)
Or lay off the throttle on the AT!?

• Haha
Reactions: BamZipPow

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
what do you know about the 90s toyota cruise control
the trucks been having surging issues for a number of months now on flat stretches with minimal wind
the FSM has been of little use to pinpoint the issue and troubleshoot
i do not feel like porking out 300$ or more for diagnostics by ASE Toyota certified that i do not trust they know what the hell they are doing half the time

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Same issues on my ‘98 Auto 4WD were cured by replacing speedometer cable.
Very interesting!
I have mt and don't have a clue why the speedo cable has anything to do with the cruise control! As I keep learning and learning, the curve is steep!

·
Registered
4,938 Posts

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
It gets even better since you have that 3rd pedal.
If the wind is heavy enough the surging is not too terribly noticeable, longass drive across Iowa with lots of rolling hills

821 - 840 of 893 Posts