this is before it came off

IMG_20220504_154350_172.jpg

IMG_20220504_164539_307.jpg

IMG_20220504_164820_123.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
15,175 Posts
I believe that tab is used to keep the drive ger in the transmission. On mine the flat end of the tab is up aganist a flat on the drive gear cover/housing?
Hard to tell from the pic but as it sits I'm not sure what that tab accomplishes.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
I believe that tab is used to keep the drive ger in the transmission. On mine the flat end of the tab is up aganist a flat on the drive gear cover/housing?
Hard to tell from the pic but as it sits I'm not sure what that tab accomplishes.
i found out after the fact that i did not have to take that bolt off to undo the speedo cable :(

the 1998+ tacoma changed the whole game in that spot with electric gizmo

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
So did it solve your problem yet?
no!
i am concerned now with that tab not properly seated the speedo gear is going to wobble loose and out
and i was told the gear has a tad amount of play and needs replaced eventually!

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
15,175 Posts
I had mine out more than once and didn't see any signs of abnormal wear. There pretty much in a captured space with no-where to go and if the o'ring/gasket is in place and you don't have n oil leak it'll be fine.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
I had mine out more than once and didn't see any signs of abnormal wear. There pretty much in a captured space with no-where to go and if the o'ring/gasket is in place and you don't have n oil leak it'll be fine.
they told me i would be hearing noises from it if the gears were grinding down under inside there
gears are not all that costly to throw parts at the speedo malfunctioning

Reactions: sdspeed

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
What say you?

Snow Sky Branch Slope Tree

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
15,175 Posts
The last one I had we welded to a steel trench plate so any one who needed it we'd put it on my flatbed and drop it off. When I had it in the yard with my trucks it was in a shop area with only 3 sides.
We used it in kinds of weather.

·
Registered
'97 T100 3.4 V6 DLX Xtra Cab 4x4
422 Posts
TX,
These guys have a T100 with those trim pieces on it, maybe give a call and work a deal. Can't be many people looking for them.
I found em on FB Marketplace!

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
so how much might one be looking at to get the ASE Toyota monkey to get to the evap without removing the evap? just enough to get to this area and clean it all up to make AC ice cold AF

not my rig here but it could be this bad down inside with no cabin filter and fresh air inflow selected near constant for 1/4 century and many a dusty road wheeled on

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #892 ·
so how much might one be looking at to get the ASE Toyota monkey to get to the evap without removing the evap? just enough to get to this area and clean it all up to make AC ice cold AF

not my rig here but it could be this bad down inside with no cabin filter and fresh air inflow selected near constant for 1/4 century and many a dusty road wheeled on

View attachment 384274
Yer willing to pay a mechanic to do grunt work at $125-$150 per hour? Vacuum out the debris and use a soft spray wash bottle to clean out the rest of it. Make sure you don't use any pressure to try to blast anything out of it as you will quickly bend the fins. With the T-100, you can easily remove the entire evaporative box after you suction out the refrigerant. Not sure how you would do it with the Tacoma. ;)

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Yer willing to pay a mechanic to do grunt work at $125-$150 per hour? Vacuum out the debris and use a soft spray wash bottle to clean out the rest of it. Make sure you don't use any pressure to try to blast anything out of it as you will quickly bend the fins. With the T-100, you can easily remove the entire evaporative box after you suction out the refrigerant. Not sure how you would do it with the Tacoma. ;)
Would it take them grunt an hour to get to all that under the dash?
The dealer service advisor told me they could only get to that area through the cowl removing it at the windshield and snaking the fresh air intake, rough estimate was 600$ 💰
I pressed them why not get to it behind the glovebox!, no airbag in the truck back there, I have had the glovebox out before looking for a gremlin rattle that was not behind there at all lol it just sounded like it!
The service advisor told me his techs are Toyota trained and they would go under the cowl and that was it.

I investigated the diy tutorial and after the glovebox removed there is a dash brace, a top undercover, a piece of duct then 10 or so bolts and screws, a couple clips, a few electrical connector plugs and a resistor housing. And the blower motor and case cover

My mobility health has been extremely sketchy and seems to get worse 👎
If any great amount of necking and using both hands to reach is involved getting to that area thent I not sure I can safely get at it

881 - 893 of 893 Posts