Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 6' 4" and 300lbs. I've never gotten into a Scion for fear of never getting out. I wanted to know what owner's thought about their's. How they drive. If adding performance parts to them is worth it. Give me some feedback please. This is a question that applies to my business and I'd like to know.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Which Scion are you looking at?

In the xB you should have enough room to sit in the rear seat with your legs crossed and wearing a cowboy hat. (The xB has the more head and leg room then about any other vehicle out there) and you will get more looks then a Lamborghini. The xA has an average amount of room inside and is a great all around vehicle for the price. The tC blows away the competion in about every catagory. It looks, feels and drives like a $30k Lexus sport coupe with the practicallity of a minivan (folding seats give it 60 cu ft of storage and the ability to carry an 8 1/2 foot latter with the hatch closed). Some people complain about the headroom, but I am 6'3" and after adjusting the seat I am very comfortable. All the Scions come standard with about everything you would expect to have to pay extra for in cars at this price, and the options that they do have you would not expect from a dealership (like neon lights and air intakes).

I love my tC, there is no way I would expect anything more from a car this price. It is very fun to drive and feels very well built.

I hope I helped you somewhat in my rambling about Scion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You've done well. You sound like a satisfied customer which is great. I was aware of the "personalizations" that came standard, but are there any mods out there? And if so what kind?

·
Registered
110 Posts
There are plenty of mods out there. Turbos, Superchargers, exust, rims, body kits, tint, paint, lights, neons, sound systems, LCD screens, and plenty more in the works. I am sure you can find enough to keep your wallet empty.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:) Well, it's not for me. It's to add to my product list. I already have a few, I just wanted to know if it would even be profitable to pursue. I've seen a few around here and a good friend of mine is a Sales Manager at a local dealer. He says they've been selling like hotcakes. I'm really looking for Scion car clubs or major mods, maybe entered into shows. What those guys are buying.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I like the Scions, in fact at the Toyota dealer I work at I have pretty much become the Scion tech, hence the reason I pretty much only post on the Scion Forum. For value vs. cost they pretty much can not be beat.

I think they are very mechanically sound vehicles, I am also expecting very good reliability down the road. The only complaint I have about any of the Scion's is the Tc's and thier rattles. But if your the kind of person who listens to the radio at normal listening levels then you probably wont hear 90% of the rattles anyway.

At the shop I work at we install TRD parts, the popular items we have been doing are rims, clutches, cold air intakes, short shifters and teh light kits.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

At the shop I work at we install TRD parts, the popular items we have been doing are rims, clutches, cold air intakes, short shifters and teh light kits. [/B]

Great info and great insight bro.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have found tons of mods for the xB. SO far I have a header, high flow cat, stainless 2 1/4 exhaust, momo tip "muffler" (lol, the only thing it muffles is speed bumps), Air bag coil-over rear coils, STR 1.3 gallon fast-fill compressor with dual levelling switches, front anti-sway stiffener ( TRD ), MSD high fire ignition and wires, Fastman matched flow injectors, BSD rear disc brake conversion, custom class II hitch ( for towing my BBQ trailer ), Blue ox base plate system ( to tow it behind my motorhome) , Colgan custom carbon fiber bra, short throw shifter ( TRD), heavy duty clutch plate ( TRD ).

When TRD releases the 4 lb. supercharger early in '05 I am going to drop the $3800.00 for that, as it won't void the warranty. No way I'm going to add NOS during the extended warranty period.

I thought all the mods were going to kill my gas mileage, but I am still averaging about 28 MPG between hard city and freeway driving. It tows like a dream behind the motorhome.

As far as interior room for big guys, this thing is HUGE inside. It is like it is built for 6'5" drivers and rear passengers. I am 5'10" and built fairly thick. I am swimming behind the steering wheel. The back seat is even bigger. It is WAY bigger inside than outside.

Good luck and have fun with it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's so cool I really like that xB. I admit, I'm a Nissan guy to heart and ironically in the new Import Tuner pg 20, they have an ariticle about Nissan's version called the Cube/Cube Cubic (3rd row seating)....We'll see what happens in 06 when it "supposedly" hits the US.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts