Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Camry SE
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just have a few things I need clarified...

Here's what I'm putting on my Gen6 v6 tomorrow...

-5zigen SC3000 19x8.5 +38 hyperblack
-Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus (225/40/19)
-H&R springs (1.5" drop)

Question 1) If I get a FSB and a RSB, will they help prolong the life of my struts? I'm good with avoiding pot holes, but in general, we don't have the best roads here in St. Louis.

Question 2) Will I need to get some camber correctors? I'm really looking to prolong the life of these tires and make sure they perform well in rain.

Thanks all!

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,397 Posts
Who is doing the work on your car? You doing it yourself, or a shop?

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,397 Posts
How much they charging you? I will beat their labor charge. ;)

·
Registered
2008 Camry SE
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$245 for everything including tire/wheel mounting. I see you're from IL. How far is that from STL?

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,397 Posts
Im in Alton, IL. Im about 35-40 min from downtown. I even offer pick up/delivery. And give my Lexus as a loaner. :)

I'll go $200 which would also include alignment.

·
Registered
2008 Camry SE
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im in Alton, IL. Im about 35-40 min from downtown. I even offer pick up/delivery. And give my Lexus as a loaner. :)

Damn, I would totally do that, but the shop already has all the wheels, tires, and springs. I wont be able to fit all that in my car. I think I'll just stick with what I have lined up already. It wasn't easy to tweak my schedule in the first place. Thanks for the offer though!

Do you have any knowledge about the questions in my original post?

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,397 Posts
The sway bars wont really do much in extending the life of the struts, They just reduce roll in corners. Yes they will prevent compression of the struts slightly around corners, but not enough to make them last longer. I dont believe you will need any camber kits, There should be enough adjustment as is.

What shop is doing the work?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts

damn, that is cheap, just alignment alone cost $60 to $80 at least.

·
Premium Member
6,508 Posts
Damn, I would totally do that, but the shop already has all the wheels, tires, and springs. I wont be able to fit all that in my car. I think I'll just stick with what I have lined up already. It wasn't easy to tweak my schedule in the first place. Thanks for the offer though!

Do you have any knowledge about the questions in my original post?
dude.. 200 plus alignment. I would so make my girlfriend walk and carry the rims to JSM's house lol.

buy my struts! KYB-GR2!
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295214

·
Registered
2008 Camry SE
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The sway bars wont really do much in extending the life of the struts, They just reduce roll in corners. Yes they will prevent compression of the struts slightly around corners, but not enough to make them last longer. I dont believe you will need any camber kits, There should be enough adjustment as is.

What shop is doing the work?
http://www.adrenalinexxx.com/

Already got them. I'm an SE.

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,397 Posts
Ah adrenaline. When I was with Clubstlscion, they were one of our club sponsors.

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts

dude.. 200 plus alignment. I would so make my girlfriend walk and carry the rims to JSM's house lol.

buy my struts! KYB-GR2!
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295214
+1 For that price, I'm gonna drive to Alton, IL just for that!!! Not to mention, your car will be work on by one of the most trusted guy on this forum.:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts