1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Working hard?
91 |4 camry
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Genie headers *feeler*

Gday

I was just wondering how many, if any people would be interested in buying a genie header for the Gen 2, or any other for that matter. I have made a few inquiries and will soon be getting a price, this is a potential group buy and the total price =
cost of header + transport (Australia to where ever you are). Im not looking to make a profit, just mayb help you guys out.

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
What's the price cuz I already know of a shop here in North america that carries Genie parts for a very good price.

·
Working hard?
91 |4 camry
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gen 2 3sfe are apparently no longer made:confused:
Is there an engine that has the same piece?

·
Grenaded piston
6,594 Posts
^ Celica with a 3S-FE.

The header is not made for a Camry, its made for a Celica.

But since they share the same engine (3S-FE), it'll work. ;)

·
Working hard?
91 |4 camry
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeh i did a search the other day and i found that info then when i email the guy at genie he says we dont have it and the celica runs a dif motor... i will try again tommorow morning

·
Working hard?
91 |4 camry
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
was that the 88-89 celica?
I said what about a header from the 88-89 celica (educated guess) and he said no we mke the 3sge (or somthing like that)

If anyones interested i will try again, i dont mind making a fool of myself to sales people

·
Fooly Sik RE!!!
318 Posts
da_horse will prob be interested... hes being busy so jus pm him or something. lucky guys sharing an engine with a popular modded car

·
Beams SV21
576 Posts
i got a quote the other day for only $350 AUD and the place is abt 30 mins from my house. i did ring up genie themselves and they had them but the price direct from them was a bit more higher. what i did was ask if they had a re-seller in my state. because this place is a registred re-seller, he can buy the genie for a cheaper price and sell it cheaper too.

i have thought about getting it but thing is i've got a ct-26 lying next to my desk that would like to find its way into my car :D

other thing is that headers work best if there is some head work even if its just some gasket matching and some minor port and polishing. and cos i dont actually have a full exahust system so even if i got the headers i would still require a full system to get the full benefits. so if i was to go strictly NA or SC, then sure i'd get them, but i'm not sure atm....

Cheers
Huy

·
Working hard?
91 |4 camry
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just thought thatif we got a group buy thing together we could cut costs

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Genies Header for the 5sfe is the same part number as there one for the 3sfe.

·
Working hard?
91 |4 camry
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the sales rep must just be a tosser :jerkit:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
There is a company in AUS. that already has made some for the 3vz-fe. If i had someone willing to export them to me, i would love to have them.

·
Working hard?
91 |4 camry
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
da_horse im near Newcastle in NSW im not sure with it yet as i may be going 100pc custom - working on a mate who works at an exhaust place

I was just thinking that TN gen 2ers need a break as there arent that many aftermarket parts avaliable

·
Boondock Saint
280 Posts
What's the name of the shop in the US that carries Genie headers? I'm down here in so cal but it'd still be nice to know the name to find out what shipping costs would be. Btw, did you make custom brackets for your ST185 seats? I've been thinking about putting em in my 89 gen2 for a while but have never done any real research into the install. Thanks in advance.

Nick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts