Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Prius Prime Limited
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone happen to have handy the pin out/wire diagram for the Gentex 533 mirror that came with 07-11 Camry? I bought one off eBay but need to figure out the wires. Don't want to just start pushing 12V into a wire until I know what it is. The wire diagrams I grabbed for my '09 have nothing about a dimming mirror with the compass.

This is a 5 pin connector (there are 10 and 7 and others out there), and I think the 533 designator is for Toyota OEM. The wire colors on this are

black
brown
yellow
white
grey

I figure black = ground, yellow = constant power, white = switched power. Not sure, and not sure what the others are. The mirror has the compass, the auto dimming (so a forward and rearward sensor), which might be taking power for those. Since it was a standard in those cars some may be 5V maybe. I can hook up my DC power supply to see what happens, but again don't want to fry a sensor with too much voltage. I will need to jimmy up a wire harness for this to install it.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
10,408 Posts
Anyone happen to have handy the pin out/wire diagram for the Gentex 533 mirror that came with 07-11 Camry? I bought one off eBay but need to figure out the wires. Don't want to just start pushing 12V into a wire until I know what it is. The wire diagrams I grabbed for my '09 have nothing about a dimming mirror with the compass.

This is a 5 pin connector (there are 10 and 7 and others out there), and I think the 533 designator is for Toyota OEM. The wire colors on this are

black
brown
yellow
white
grey

I figure black = ground, yellow = constant power, white = switched power. Not sure, and not sure what the others are. The mirror has the compass, the auto dimming (so a forward and rearward sensor), which might be taking power for those. Since it was a standard in those cars some may be 5V maybe. I can hook up my DC power supply to see what happens, but again don't want to fry a sensor with too much voltage. I will need to jimmy up a wire harness for this to install it.
http://toyotacar-co.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/g8M-AXq3BUPu8lmh3uafTXUgHpA1ew8p.pdf
Just make sure to COPY the link. The entire 07 Camry wiring diagram is here. :wink:

·
Premium Member
2016 Corolla S Prem
3,616 Posts
The other two may be for a temp sensor probe that would be mounted behind the bumper.
They may also be for dimming side-view mirrors.
Some models also have a connection to your backup lights so dimming is disabled when you are in reverse. I've never bothered with connecting that.

Generally, I buy them without the compass, then they only need switched power (constant power maintains compass calibration, and Homelink if equipped)

·
Super Moderator
2020 Prius Prime Limited
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Vang and cb. Best I can tell from all the docs is the yellow is power. This may all connect to a harness associated with a sliding roof, and as cb says may have other features for the wires. I can't find the color match anywhere and the wire diagram seems to indicate only two wires: yellow for power and white/black, which I don't think this is (just white). What cb says makes sense for the white wire as switched, which the power outlets use (white for power, black for ground). I may try black for ground and yellow and white bridge for 12V, see what happens.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Prius Prime Limited
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found a site that sells what looks to be the right harness for this mirror, for just under $17. Bought it, we'll see. This mirror came out of a 2011 XLE - the advert looks like this exact connector, and states it is for the 533 mirror.

I did power it up using my Tekpower DC power supply with 12V on the white wire and ground on the black, and it came on and showed the compass reading. All this means I need to tweak my wire project a tad to make a junction for constant 12VDC, as I was not planning for that. Since the wire run is there (see my Camry Mod link) then all I have to do is run to a bus bar then run from that to the SPDT relay. That way I can snake three wires up the A pillar, under the headliner, and there ya go (actually I will snake up three switch power, one constant, and one ground to use for three possible power needs like this mirror, a dash cam, and a future radar detector maybe. Better to run the wire now and be done with it).

·
Registered
10,408 Posts
Found a site that sells what looks to be the right harness for this mirror, for just under $17. Bought it, we'll see. This mirror came out of a 2011 XLE - the advert looks like this exact connector, and states it is for the 533 mirror.

I did power it up using my Tekpower DC power supply with 12V on the white wire and ground on the black, and it came on and showed the compass reading. All this means I need to tweak my wire project a tad to make a junction for constant 12VDC, as I was not planning for that. Since the wire run is there (see my Camry Mod link) then all I have to do is run to a bus bar then run from that to the SPDT relay. That way I can snake three wires up the A pillar, under the headliner, and there ya go (actually I will snake up three switch power, one constant, and one ground to use for three possible power needs like this mirror, a dash cam, and a future radar detector maybe. Better to run the wire now and be done with it).
Clip Front Piller 62217-06010 (if you decide to cut the black clip for the front trim)

·
Super Moderator
2020 Prius Prime Limited
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The guy that sold me the mirror checked his other car, and with that photo and other responses off eBay it is clear only two wires are used (white and black). White is the switch power, black ground. I hooked the mirror up to my DC power supply on those pins prior and it worked, so apparently I do not need constant 12V. I read some places the compass needed that to keep calibrated, but I guess not. Time to run power wires up the pillar and under the headliner!

·
Registered
10,408 Posts
@SFCamry I might get a OEM rear mirror, did your Camry have a sunroof? Or any of those "special" buttons located near the eye glass holder? Do you happen to remember what your connector ,like mine, looked like near the Front Left A-Piller (ignore the numbers) and what wires were running to it? I know from Zmon's thread that there MIGHT be a connector built-in but from the EWD and my pictures, it is most likely NOT pre-wired for it as PIN-6-Yellow and PIN-11-White-Black do not have a wiring harness that goes into the roof. Just the dome lights.

EQ1-Pin's
  1. Unknown (grey?)
  2. Red: Microphone
  3. Dark green: Microphone
  4. ----
  5. ----
  6. Yellow: Rear view mirror
  7. Red: Sliding roof, map light and no smart key, garage opener
  8. Pink: Sliding roof
  9. ----
  10. Black: Sliding roof
  11. White-black: Sliding roof, map light
  12. Light green: Microphone
  13. ----
  14. ----
  15. White: No sliding roof, dome light
  16. Two variations
    1. White: No sliding roof, dome light
    2. Purple: Sliding roof, map light
  17. White to black: Sliding roof, map light
  18. White to white-black: No sliding roof, dome light
  19. White to blue: Sliding roof, map light
  20. ----
Gotta love knowing how to read a Toyota EWD.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Prius Prime Limited
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the sunroof, and there is a plug for the mirror tucked up under the sunglass holder. You pop that all out and look to the left and will find it. No need to monkey with the connector in the A pillar.

·
Registered
10,408 Posts
I have the sunroof, and there is a plug for the mirror tucked up under the sunglass holder. You pop that all out and look to the left and will find it. No need to monkey with the connector in the A pillar.
I just have to physically check it but it does seem likely I do not have that wiring harness built-in. I already bought the mirror.

Otherwise, is the mirror just a screw in?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts