Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck had a stereo before i bought it.What i believe is the wiring for it is there.Where can i get something to plug into the factory wiring? I think it's a plug with 6 or 9 pins,i think. thanks

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Don't splice into your existing original factory stereo wiring harness just grab your local Yellow Pages and look under "Automobile-stereos sales & service" and drive to your nearest one.They will sell you a direct plug in harness (all 1987-2002 are the same for Toyota) for only $10-20.

Sidney® ™
Repairs TV's,VCR's,home/car audio out of my apartment
E-mail:sidneybek(at)yahoo.com
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
his truck is an 86, would that work?

either way..it took me about 5 min. to splice it in because I couldn't get a harness in town..

BUT...if ya can get one, use it...if not, splice it..its easy
Good point I didn't see that,all 1986 and older have same different harness which any stereo install place will sell for same amount.Thanks.

Sidney® ™
Repairs TV's,VCR's,home/car audio out of my apartment
E-mail:sidneybek(at)yahoo.com
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada

·
Registered
196 Posts
Walmart has the Scosche Wiring Adapter

The local Walmart here has them for about $7.00 just picked one up last week.
It says '81 - UP TOYOTA on the package. It lists 1984 - 95 Pickup on the back so it will work with the 1986 purportedly.

At $7 it's nice to keep the wiring intact. I just use wire nuts to wire the new stereo in to the adapter wiring and it works real nice. YMMV Cheers...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.