Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How difficult is it to get a gen3 beige paint in a can? I want some to paint my mudflaps the same color as my car. But the main thing is beige can come in over 100 forms. I'm sure that i'm not the first person to attempt this so if you had suceess or failures please post it up and help prevent others like myslef from doing the same thing.

Also would you think the paint has fadded a lot ? When i compare my camry to my dads its like i have a darker beige then him.

·
camry Wookie
430 Posts
duplicolor has OEM match paints u can get it at any carparts place and most of them have a little chart or book to help you match up the color you want.

·
CamRY GirL Md
334 Posts
just go to any automotive paint distributor and can get your car scanned, they'll be able to mix the paint and match almost perfectly. .

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but how much ? is the main question i'm only planning on doing the mudflaps and if i screw up on them i guess i'll just remove them :D

i would assume like 2 cans of spray for 4 flaps. I don't want to play more then 8$ a can really.

·
The Camburger
525 Posts
i think one can should do. I was thinking about the toyota touch up paint, but i didnt want the uneven ness of brush strokes. I agree with gaak about the duplicolor idea. It seems like the best and cheapest way to go.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they are at local shops? i just went to one murray's discount and didn't find it. i went online to their site and i wasn't about toe find beige. are the cans black ?

1 can should do ? should i prime them as well?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts