Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2004 Scion xA
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, just wondering if this has been done and if theres any pics of it... I'm getting frustrated with the stock headlights of my Gen3... they just look to unbalanced, even modding them doesnt look quite right... soo... i want to do something more agressive...

I was wondering if anyone has any information on a possible s15 front end conversion and the costs associated with it... im willin to spend to get this done... any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
did you take a look at the DIY smokingtire wrote up? There was a guy on here that fiberglassed an extention of the hood where it covers part of the headlight making it looks somewhat like a s13.

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2004 Scion xA
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, im goin into autobody for college probably, so ill have plenty of time to do this, this will also be a much later project... 3sgte will come first ;)... zoni's post on shiftgate convinced me :p plus i have the resources and tools, and knowledge to do it

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2004 Scion xA
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, but the 1 piece 3rd gen headlights arent too much better priced :p lol... i'll learn a lot about this kinda stuff puttin on my girls 99 VR4 Conversion onto her 91 VR4...

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Wow Scott, do some research :rolleyes:

$700 for a set of JDM headlamps. And I did a full write up on how to align the stock USDM head lamps and corner lamps.

The S15 conversion would be a massive waste of money unless you have something to back it. Like the kid who did a full Skyline conversion on a Gen 3 with an Inline-4 :barf:

And switching to a 4cyl? Where has this world gone :disappoin

Maybe people don't realize how much money Justin (Wraith) has had to spend in order to get hit up to the point it is. It's not easy and not cheap.

I'd say stick with the 1mz man. It would be a huge waste of money to take on so many projects at once. And none of them would get completed if you are spreading the funds out.

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
I think it would look like crap. Small headlights on a big car :rolleyes:
Trying to put headlights from a Nissan into a Toyota won't make you any less frustrated.
Make some Gen3.5 projectors... those would be pimp.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
problem easily solved.....

es300 front end conversion :thumbup:

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
^tru but why not just go get an es300:lol: (i just wanted to saythat before someone else did)

i was thinking about doing the es300 conversion to my wagon though:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts