Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1996 T100 SR5
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like this truck and I think that it runs fantastic, but I really can't be dumping money into it. Here's the most recent problem. The oil pan is rusted to :facepalm: and is leaking, not heavy but steady. The truck is a 4x4 so removing the pan looks like a pretty serious job. I tried some JB Weld but without much success.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,675 Posts
Post up some piccies of yer rust. Are you sure it's from the pan and not from the valve cover gaskets? ;)

If the oil pan is the only thing left to do...it's not dumping money in it. It's the start of a wonderful relationship! :D

·
Registered
1996 T100 SR5
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so is replacing the pan something I can do in my driveway and if not what kind of labor charge should I be expecting?

·
Registered
1998 Toyota T100 4WD
310 Posts
so is replacing the pan something I can do in my driveway and if not what kind of labor charge should I be expecting?
I'm sorry but I have a 2wd and haven't had any experience with the 4WD but I know on mine there is an I-Beam connecting the frame just below the front of the pan and makes it pretty much a cinch to do. Just be sure that if you decide to do it then the most important step is cleaning the edges of both the engine side and the pan itself before you start putting it back together. As far as labor costs go I can try calling someone that has a mitchell guide that would be able to give me the hours. That would also be a good indicator of how tough the job would be. I'll get a comparison between the 2WD and 4WD.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,675 Posts
See if Repair Pal can give you a good estimate of the job... :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts