Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
It's Soo Hoo like Yoo Hoo
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what is the safest way to remove snow off of a car? i used to use a snow brush on my old cam but i didnt care about the paint but now i have my new ride, i care lol. i know one option is getting a car cover, which i am entertaining, but also want to know what other people do. TIA!

·
Ron Jeremy's twin brother
06 Tacoma-SOLD
1,461 Posts
I don't do anything special except to take care that I don't apply my brush directly to the paint. I remove the snow and ice from all the windows, and then use the brush to remove the top 90% (??) of the snow, trying to leave a small layer to just melt or blow off.

·
2005 Matrix XR AWD
2005 Matrix XR AWD
117 Posts
www.angelguardproducts.com

They sell the Sno-Brum. It is a brush used by many dealers and businesses for cleaning off their vehicles scratch free. It does not harm paint, will not scratch or scrape, and pushes snow off very easily. Great for SUV's or Trucks, even cars with long hoods and roofs.

I have two and they come in handy all the time!

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
I use a Boars Hair washing brush. I do like Screeber. Try not to touch the paint more than you have to. You could use a California water blade if your paint was pretty clean before it snowed.

·
Registered
Dodge Caravan SE
310 Posts
I do donuts in my parking lot until I can see. :)

But seriously I haven't ever had an issue with a regular snowbrush? I clean off at least 5 cars a day :p Although the layer of ice protecting the cars might help :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts