Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to best buy to go get some speakers/subs. my question is, do i need some type of adapter to attatch an aftermarket speaker? also what size speaker do i need to get?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Go to crutchfield and put what car you have. It will tell you what you need

·
Registered
2009 Corolla S Black
206 Posts
i would never buy speakers or subs or anything car audio from best buy LMAO are you serious

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
their is this local auto shop down the street. im gonna go there because they specialize in Car Audio. they also do rims, window tint, and some other cool stuff. so im gonna see what they can do for me with $900.

·
Registered
301 Posts
their is this local auto shop down the street. im gonna go there because they specialize in Car Audio. they also do rims, window tint, and some other cool stuff. so im gonna see what they can do for me with $900.
DONT tell them how much you have. otherwise they will charge you like $200 over that! what you should do is find some stuff that you would want to install (navi/double din/ Whatever)..do some research. Find some prices and see if they might price match. Its better to come in there knowing what you want and tell them exactly what you want and know what you are doing. Otherwise they will take you for all you have.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DONT tell them how much you have. otherwise they will charge you like $200 over that! what you should do is find some stuff that you would want to install (navi/double din/ Whatever)..do some research. Find some prices and see if they might price match. Its better to come in there knowing what you want and tell them exactly what you want and know what you are doing. Otherwise they will take you for all you have.
ok, thanks. im prob just gonna get some nice rims and HID for my fogs OR im gonna get window tint, complete audio system, and HIDs.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
maybe it is just me but crutchfield products are mostly old stlyes. the new ones are not yet there. but to a buyer on a budget crutchfield is ok.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I bought a refurb car stareo/cd player on eBay, and through some research on the Internet ( the company on the Internet did not come out and say it was them,,,), I believe it was Crutchfield who was selling it on eBay. The Stereo was a POS. The CD player stopped working in 1 week. I sent it back for another. and the same thing happened. I won't go through that again. it was only like $80.00, but still, a waste of money. Even under warranty, it's BS because you end up building a new wiring harness and have to go through that all over again if you change brands and adapters, plus shipping costs.

:headbang:

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
going to a specialty car audio and video shops is always your best bet. but not for a low budget buyer.

·
First time Corolla owner
2009 Corolla
573 Posts
i would never buy speakers or subs or anything car audio from best buy LMAO are you serious

Excuse me but I work at Best Buy and I would rather trust the people there then some random person who has a part time job a stereo store. At least the people at Best Buy are certified and offer insurance claims if something was to happen.

·
Registered
2009 Corolla S
82 Posts
Excuse me but I work at Best Buy and I would rather trust the people there then some random person who has a part time job a stereo store. At least the people at Best Buy are certified and offer insurance claims if something was to happen.
I work there too cutipie19 but don't be so hasty to assume those certs mean any more than the experience the part time guy has. I had Best Buy installers put some 6x9s in the back of my 09 Corolla S and if you want I can show you pictures of the 8 holes they made trying to mount the speakers (non-standard bolt pattern, my car is "custom" now!). It looks like someone took a shotgun to my rear deck, luckily it is covered by a plastic cover and no one looks at the underside.

Just a heads up, the quality is up to the person.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Pretty much any 80 dollar stereo is going to be a POS

yeah, never said it was great, but it should not be broken 2x in a row either, especially from Crutchfield. (the cheaper ones do a great job for me and my wife, we are not kids rocking out, we just wanted to have it play some CD's. is that to much to ask?).

·
Registered
728 Posts
yeah, never said it was great, but it should not be broken 2x in a row either, especially from Crutchfield. (the cheaper ones do a great job for me and my wife, we are not kids rocking out, we just wanted to have it play some CD's. is that to much to ask?).

A lot of the stuff purchased on Ebay is returns. I bought an entry level pioneer deck to put in my kids car and when you put a CD in it you couldn't hear the CD play because a mechanical noise in the CD player made so much noise.
What brand were the units you bought that broke?

I thought the base unit had CD and Aux input.

I have been running in a custom setup in my other car for six years and I catch myself listening to nothing but Talk radio and old time Radio because the sound quality of the Toyota system sucks so much.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts