Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im taking my camry to get the windows tinted tomarrow and need some advise.

I dont want the tint to be too dark so how much % should i do? What i really want is it to look factory, like the tint % on a Ford. What % is close to a factory job? and should i get the front done as dark as the rear?

·
On The Street
268 Posts
dont kno which Ford model ur talkin about but i think it might be 35-40 %tint for the factory look. not sure tho so ask the place/person thats doing ur tint to give you a preview of what it would look thats what i did.

it look better when u get the windows all matching thats my opinion tho. it also depends on ur state laws etc.

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its south carolina, so the laws are really slack.

the rear windows on ford trucks are what im looking for, dark enough that you cant see in well, but you can still see out of it fine.

·
On The Street
268 Posts
^^ it might be the 35% percent not sur tho so ask the place/ person thats doing the tint for a preview so that you'll be satisfied.

i have 3% on my camry and you cant see in but u can see well out and ya it is kinda dark at night but u get used to it

·
Insert Custom User Title
Camry
293 Posts
I finally got tint on my windows, I put 5% on the back doors and window and 15% on the front doors. It's dark, but the I haven't had any problems... yet *knocks on wood*

·
Pimp
118 Posts
35% all around and i like them
here in NJ its illegal to have any tints what so ever on the front windows.. but 35% isnt too dark and isnt too light
helps keep the cops off my back
35% is kinda dark at night.. but i can only imagine how much darker it would be with 20 or 5%

·
On The Street
268 Posts
Durrby, no sorry i wish i did tho i have no digital camera. hopefuly if i get one ill post sum pics of the windows.

btw - the tint is dark as hell. its really nice tho cause it gets really sunny here in vegas. today its was like 101 degrees. really hot and the tint helps

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
what is the average laws about tints in the state. I'm in chicago i have no idea what the laws are here so i just wanted to get a good feel about what %'s would be 100% legal and what %'s are kind of pushing it.

Not sure if camry's come in factory tints but if they did what percentages would they be around?

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Camry
1,384 Posts
bowlofturtle said:
what is the average laws about tints in the state. I'm in chicago i have no idea what the laws are here so i just wanted to get a good feel about what %'s would be 100% legal and what %'s are kind of pushing it.

Not sure if camry's come in factory tints but if they did what percentages would they be around?
There was a link posted once that has the legal %'s of every state. Do a search.

·
Mitsubishi Diamante Owner
'03 Diamante
1,743 Posts
Illinois
Windshield tint strip shall be no more than 6" from top
No tint on front side windows
Any percent on rear side windows
Any tint on rear window*
Passed in 1984?

* If window tint is applied to the rear-back window, a right and left rear-view mirrors are required. Cars before 1982 model year are exempt from IL tint law.

To read the actual law for Illinois: http://www.tintdude.com/itom.html#Illinois

·
A Poor College Student
1994 Camry Sedan LE
354 Posts
does no one get reflective added too?
I've got a semi-metallic film that's semi-reflective. It looks good and can be seen through, but only at close range. Semi-metallic is legal in Tennessee, but mirror isn't.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
.tony. .riot. said:
There was a link posted once that has the legal %'s of every state. Do a search.
sorry. i thought since we were on the topic i would ask rather then the other people here who would make a whole thread about it.

Big Body LX thanks for the info. What are factory tint specs tho?

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Camry
1,384 Posts
bowlofturtle said:
sorry. i thought since we were on the topic i would ask rather then the other people here who would make a whole thread about it.

Big Body LX thanks for the info. What are factory tint specs tho?
I'm not bashing or anything, I'm just letting you know that there was a link once posted that had the legal % for every state.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
oh ok :eek::

now the question is since there isn't any rules about my back windows i wonder what to get. I'm very tempted to do a little tint on front windows :D

I'm considering 40% back windows and maybe 75% in the front. is 75% that noticable? I never saw 75% myself.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.