Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
toyota camry
90 Posts
repaint them silver, i did them to my hubcaps but now i got some rims i had them flat black but depends if you want to do it,

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow. that's a quick reply. thanks. I need a step by step procedures. What kind of paint should I get? something like Duplicolor engine paint? or regular spray paint? thanks. how many of that spray can do I need?

·
Registered
toyota camry
90 Posts
go to local auto parts store and buy same color paint u can use spray paint but you will have to paint the whole thing, but take off the toyota sign. i used a can on all 4 hub caps like 3 layers each or so. dont lay flat on the gound make it tilt b4 painting it or elese it wil the paint will drip on the hub cap and make sure you have a good spray cap on the spray can, the one that sprays alot out not like mist,

·
Car Breaker
689 Posts
Just go to any part store (usually) and get Duplicolor Wheel Paint, they make spray paint specifically for painting hub caps and wheels. It has directions on the can as well. You can also visit http://www.dupli-color.com for more information.

I would buy 2 cans, but 1 can might do you. Also buy some fine sandpaper to sand down any imperfections you have from the scratches and a fine sand over the existing hub cap surface. After clean off any dust from the sanding, and follow the directions for spraying the paint.

Good luck!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
epborden said:
Just go to any part store (usually) and get Duplicolor Wheel Paint, they make spray paint specifically for painting hub caps and wheels. It has directions on the can as well. You can also visit http://www.dupli-color.com for more information.

I would buy 2 cans, but 1 can might do you. Also buy some fine sandpaper to sand down any imperfections you have from the scratches and a fine sand over the existing hub cap surface. After clean off any dust from the sanding, and follow the directions for spraying the paint.

Good luck!

Do they have the same color as my hub cap? I believe mine is metallic silver.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts