Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
almost ready for sheet metal fab., the afm is going to be relocated as humanly possible to the throttlebody without welding first, to get it out of the way.

·
Call Me Evolution Racer
Lancer Evolution
609 Posts
Hahahahahaha! Great way to test fit before the actual product.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
interesting....I guess it helps hte air collect while creating a heat shield.....but I thought that you had already fabbed up a cai didn't you?

and where have you been? you've been gone for a while eh

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
Bunthy said:
what the hell is that?

I would ahve to say taht is a template for the final product. Not like you can jsut take sheetmetal and start cutting and welding it together and get what you want. Make it out of cardboard frist then saves you alot of time.

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i had a cai, i got defected, it has to change.

cant fit a pod filter in the stock airbox.

i have no idea why ive been missing for ages :)

moving the AFM closer to the TB increases engine response.

·
MCH Engineer in training
532 Posts
you should line that box with some tin foil and youll be all set :giggle:

moving the AFM closer to the TB increases engine response.
ingenius , i never woulda though of that :)

anybody know where i can get a 2.75" to 3" adapter so i can do that? and dont say home depot or sumthin cuz they dont carry it, i looked for one everywhere before and couldnt find it

also that adapter on your AFM terra, did you make that/ where'd you get that? i remember a post about it a long while back but cant find it

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its an NA supra pod adapter, remember the 7MGE shares the same AFM so the adapter fits.

an exhasut shop will amke one cheap, its jsut a bit of 3" on a flat plate.

·
TN's ExercisePhysiologist
96 S/CToyotaAvalonXL
851 Posts
Cyorke said:
I would ahve to say taht is a template for the final product. Not like you can jsut take sheetmetal and start cutting and welding it together and get what you want. Make it out of cardboard frist then saves you alot of time.

ah...gotcha! For a mintue there I was like, is that for real or you just playing us. A templete, good idea :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts