Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I'm a newbie to this forum. My name is Bill and I live in Tucson, AZ. We are part owners of a
ghost town in so. Az.(Ruby).
A caretaker who quit a couple of years ago abandoned a 1977 Toyota pickup. We would like to get
it running and use it for a work truck. It does not run, and in fact, has no oil/ oil filter.
If the engine is trashed, is it better to replace the engine? Is this a "good" type engine,
or should we replace it with a newer/bigger engine? Ant help is appreciated. Thanks
Bill P.S. I have pics if you're interrested. Info on truck:

Model: RN28L
Engine: ZOR 2189cc (133.6 c in.) (The 'Z' in 'ZOR' might be a '2' instead, but I don't think so.)
Toyota 1077 pickup
VIN RN 28 (120683) (this is 'Frame Number)
Outside front windshield (on sticker): 8109LN

·
Registered
24 Posts
1977 toyota? You probably have a 20R engine. I don't know of any Z0R engines for the toyotas. If the engine is trashed, it's probably best just to get it replaced with a good rebuilt/remanufactured one. I guess that you can call the 20R a good type engine. There is a amount of aftermarket support to trick out the old 20R/22R toyota engines. Not sure if the older toyotas have the option of a larger V6 engine though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
1977 toyota? You probably have a 20R engine. I don't know of any Z0R engines for the toyotas. If the engine is trashed, it's probably best just to get it replaced with a good rebuilt/remanufactured one. I guess that you can call the 20R a good type engine. Not sure if the older toyotas have the option of a larger V6 engine though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts