Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am replacing my manual transmission and transfer case oils with Redline. I am putting MT-90 (GL-4 75W90) in my transmission and was also going to put it in my transfer case. The FSM recommends the same fluid for both the transmission and transfer case..."API GL-4 or GL-5, SAE 75W-90 or 80W-90".

Should I run the GL-4 or GL-5 in my transfer case (75W90)? Redline's website doesn't have any oils specifically listed for "transfer cases".

If you know, what do you run in your transfer case?

Thanks

*Forgot to mention its the W56 transmission...not sure the # on the T-case.

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts
Whichever weight and grade you choose, run the same gear oil in both. It's that simple.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whichever weight and grade you choose, run the same gear oil in both. It's that simple.
That is simple. I just changed out my transmission oil with MT-90 today, so I guess that will be going into my t-case also.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For my diffs I am using Redline's 75W90 GL-5 gear oil.

Redline promptly emailed me back and recommended I used MT-90 in my trans and t-case, and the 75W90 GL-5 in my diffs. I'm glad to hear it because that is what I originally planned and bought oil for...I was hoping I wouldn't have to put another order in for more oil.

Thanks for the responses

1 - 5 of 5 Posts