Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried running these fenders with 285's and no lift? I'm sure the front would then clear fine, so the real question is would the 285's clear in the back....

·
Registered
984 Posts
Most people don't touch the rear end when they put on 285's. The rear sits in the sky anyways. You need like 2.5 inches of lift to make the truck sit level. It would look stupid if you had the front sitting lower with glass fenders. It needs to sit at least level.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It depends on how high you lift the front with the coil overs. You can go any where fron 1.5" to 3" easily. If you go the 3" route then a rear aal or 1.5" block is in order. I have hoes on the front of my 06 dc and started out with 3" of front lift and rear aal. The ride was real stiff, so I took the rear aal out and dropped the front down to 1.5" and the truck sits level. I hve the sport and used the stock wheels(chromed) with 270/70/17 Revos and i measure 7 1/4" from top to tire to fender well an all four corners, and the ride is nice.:thumbup:

·
Badassness
2005 Tacoma
511 Posts
carsten said:
Hmm....well would 285's rub like crazy with just 1.5 inches of lift though?
Very much so. I'm pretty sure the smallest is 2.5" and that requires trimming to have 285's on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So from what I gather then it would be possible to run glassworks fenders in the front, leave the rear as is, and run 285's.

·
Registered
Base model 05' Taco
308 Posts
Anyone else thinking about or that already has those fenders...can you please post pictures, and opinions on the product

·
Registered
984 Posts
well I lifted the front of mine 2.5 inches and I had to trim the rear part of the fender flare a decent amount, but 285's fit with american racing mojaves which are a 4.5 inch backspacing. With the 2.5 inch lift my truck sits like 1/4 inch higher in the front.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Accessdenied said:
Anyone else thinking about or that already has those fenders...can you please post pictures, and opinions on the product
There are pics on their website, just FYI.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts