Toyota Nation Forum banner

Glove box Light

5K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  jmoney1119 
#1 ·
I've got a 2020 corolla le sedan has no installed glove box light. I see where the hole for one would be and tried reaching my hand around the side as much as i could to see if there was a wire tied up with a connector somewhere. didn't feel anything though, didn't have much wiggle room. So I'm wondering if anyone has taken the panels off to add one before and if there is a wire and connector for one at all.

sucker didn't come with a support either, but that's a easy install.

#4 ·
Just start with the instructions of replacing your "Cabin Air Filter" most require at least the removal of the glove box, which Should give you an idea of what's in there and where.

#5 ·
I did, there isn't much you can see except the hole. the rest is framed in with plastic. you can barely get your fingers around the side and that's about it. you can get a low profile light behind it and peak through the hole but not much to be seen. I'll prolly have to remove the box itself to find out more.

It may be a while before i bother tackling this, it's not a big rush. but if I do i'll take a few pictures while doing it and upload to this later. got it bookmarked so i don't forget.

#8 ·
I believe you can see it if you take off the the side panel of the dash. The little panel that’s smoothed between the dash and your door. It just had a couple clips and easily snaps off. I believe you can at least see the spot for it through that hole(see pictures, the arrow is my glove box light). The wire for it is a little 2 pin connector with a black and blue wire. If you have that connector, great! Order part number 81080-33290 and slap it on! It’s about $10-12. You have to get to the upper side of the glove box “hole” I guess is what you could call it. It goes in, and rotates. Then just plug it in.

I attached some pictures, one of the diagram of the glove box components. 5 is the light, 11 is that side panel you can remove to get a peak through, and 9 is the bit it actually attaches to. Unfortunately, to get that but out, everything in the picture needs to be removed. Though with some finesse and small hands you may be able to do it from that side panel. Second picture is just how to actually install it.

And here are some views from inside my right panel. It’s still a little dark this morning or They would’ve come out a bit better. I drew an arrow to the wire for the light.

#10 ·
When I had my Corolla xrs, the prewire for the high mount brake light was taped to the chassis behind the closeout panel for the rear seat. The parts I needed to complete it was the high mount light assembly with socket and wiring. It was a matter of wiring it and pnp.

Chances are, you'll need the sub harness with socket and bulb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.