Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
they weren't factory..... they were converted in california.... just like the convertible celicas

however... there were some very rare (not in the US) mk2 convertibles from the factory....

·
mr2oogleX
1991 MR2
306 Posts
i think it makes the car look more exotic, if you were to say, put the 355 body kit on or wide body kit as well. though it looks absolutly horendus with the top up :p
hardtop or convertible, both are nice for whatever your tastes are :)

·
Midship Captain
1991 MR2 Turbo
1,643 Posts
Now my only question is.....where is the roof? Is there a Hartop you put on when it rains? Or is a Permanent Convertible?

·
Autox addicted
91 MR2
443 Posts
No there was a soft top that came with the kit. I'll try to find the pics of a couple of the MK1 convertibles that i have saved on my computer.

·
mr2oogleX
1991 MR2
306 Posts
if you just keep hitting next there is like 217 pics, one of them shows the spec's pretty technical, im sure if you or someone you know is good at fabricating you could copy the pic and make a kit for yourself or to sell to others.

·
Midship Captain
1991 MR2 Turbo
1,643 Posts
my big concern with one of these is, would cutting the roof away like that take away from the structural stability of the car? Alot of cars with roofs need the roofs to keep the body from sagging, and bending.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts