Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, after much debating on the engine for my 88 celica hatch, ive just had an engine of choice dropped on my lap. i was going to go the 3s route, but terry (rapeacivic) bought a parts car and offered me the engine for free cause of all the work ive done for him. 94 1mz-fe. it needs to be rebuilt, but thats nothing but a thing. im about to start measuring, but i need a e153 tranny before i start the fabrication.

as far as i know, ill be the first to put a 1mz in a 4th gen celica. wish me luck guys...its a long road ahead.

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, im actually worried about tires. im not sure what to do to get that to the ground

i think lsd is in order here

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
a 1mzfe is found in the camry,avalon,es3oo, and an rx300.

that sounds sweet dude i think i've seen another guy who did a swap like that and he said he can chirp it on 3rd.

but here is the link:

http://engr.ucsb.edu/~warped/projects/swap/start.htm

i hope this helps make it easier for you. and make your own y pipe instead of using the constricted one.

pm me.

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its coming out of a 94 camry.

yeah, ive checked out his page front and back... good info, but there is a pretty good difference from a 4th to 5th gen.

he is also using a bit more powerful engine, but my car weighs alot less than a 5th gen too. i think its gonna be a torque monster. i wish i could get it done in time for nopi. shitty paint and exterior or not...that would just be cool as hell

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
talk to adrian (SBcelica is his username here and on celica.net) he did a imz swap to his 5th gen celica.

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
im working on it. thanks to several accidents, ive gotta shell out quite a bit for that, but im looking now for a e153 out of a solara v6. any help on that will be awesome

i dont know if it would go past the bum paint or not. but it may not matter im thinking about doing a custom hood to clear it anyway. i gotta sharpen up on my fiberglass skills though :lol: im good at working sheet metal though, so i may just buy a little extra aluminum when i start my front lip project. who knows

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Glad I could help to make your swap possible:)

Silverstreakin is gonna make that Celica badass:thumbup:

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i try. hopefully everything will come together and ill have it done for nopi.

any suggestions for clutch and flywheel?

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Try www.car-part.com for an e153 tranny. I saw ten in FL for a solara. Also check under camry and the mr2. The newer e153 out of a solara or camry would be a better choice than the mr2 though. Except unless it has the lsd.

·
it was all a dream
4,204 Posts
i got an E153 out of a 92' Camry V6 5-spd.... good condition.. 2nd synchro a bit worn, might need a bit of TLC, but i'll sell for a good price.

PM me if you wanna work out something. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts