Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, after much debating on the engine for my 88 celica hatch, ive just had an engine of choice dropped on my lap. i was going to go the 3s route, but terry (rapeacivic) bought a parts car and offered me the engine for free cause of all the work ive done for him. 94 1mz-fe. it needs to be rebuilt, but thats nothing but a thing. im about to start measuring, but i need a e153 tranny before i start the fabrication.

as far as i know, ill be the first to put a 1mz in a 4th gen celica. wish me luck guys...its a long road ahead.

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, im actually worried about tires. im not sure what to do to get that to the ground

i think lsd is in order here

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,960 Posts
a 1mzfe is found in the camry,avalon,es3oo, and an rx300.

that sounds sweet dude i think i've seen another guy who did a swap like that and he said he can chirp it on 3rd.

but here is the link:

http://engr.ucsb.edu/~warped/projects/swap/start.htm

i hope this helps make it easier for you. and make your own y pipe instead of using the constricted one.

pm me.

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its coming out of a 94 camry.

yeah, ive checked out his page front and back... good info, but there is a pretty good difference from a 4th to 5th gen.

he is also using a bit more powerful engine, but my car weighs alot less than a 5th gen too. i think its gonna be a torque monster. i wish i could get it done in time for nopi. shitty paint and exterior or not...that would just be cool as hell

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
im working on it. thanks to several accidents, ive gotta shell out quite a bit for that, but im looking now for a e153 out of a solara v6. any help on that will be awesome

i dont know if it would go past the bum paint or not. but it may not matter im thinking about doing a custom hood to clear it anyway. i gotta sharpen up on my fiberglass skills though :lol: im good at working sheet metal though, so i may just buy a little extra aluminum when i start my front lip project. who knows

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i try. hopefully everything will come together and ill have it done for nopi.

any suggestions for clutch and flywheel?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.