Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 TRD Sport DCLB
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening folks!
Currently have an ‘07 TRD Sport but going Saturday to look at a fully loaded 2020 TRD Sport, time to update the ride! Really looking forward to all the new tech as my ‘07 is pretty basic.
Anyone else out there with a 2020 and have any thoughts/experience to share?

·
Registered
2020 TRD Sport DCLB
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, I currently have the short bed and am thinking about going with the long bed this time around. I don't really haul anything, but thought the extra bed space may come in handy?!?! Anyone switch from the short bed to the long bed and regret it?

·
Registered
2020 TRD Sport DCLB
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well bought a cement TRD Sport 4X4 on Saturday with all the tech packages and a long bed. So far so good!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well bought a cement TRD Sport 4X4 on Saturday with all the tech packages and a long bed. So far so good!
Few months in, how many miles so far and how's it treating you Significant likes/dislikes good bad indifferent? Appreciate your thoughts, am considering downsizing from Platinum Tundra..TYIA

·
Registered
2020 TRD Sport DCLB
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its been awesome so far, 1,910 miles....no real dislikes yet. The engine definitely shifts more then my 2007 did, but its not bothersome. The tech packages are great with the remote access, Apple Carplay and love the sunroof. Put on a hard tri-fold cover and installed a Pop & Lock on the tailgate and tinted the front drivers and passenger windows. Very comfortable truck, more so then my 2007 was I'd say. The leather seems very durable and easy to maintain. Coming from a Tundra, its going to seem small or tight to you for sure, width wise, not necessarily length wise if you get the long bed. I do a lot of inner city driving with it, and averaging about 16.5 miles per gallon. When I'm on the hwy it creeps over 17 but I'm not on there very often.
If this truck were to get stolen today (knock on wood) I'd go buy the exact same one.....hope that helps!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes it does, and thanks much for your scope. 3rd G does seem to continue to be growing. As soon as weather warms up, we intend on taking test drive. Mainly for the better half, I love the Tunny, and she certainly enjoys riding, it's still a bit large for her to drive. Will let you know.. thanks again.

·
Registered
'08 Yaris HB
19 Posts
We're picking out ours tomorrow....thanks for the insight(s)....and, I'm keeping my '16 Tundra. Gotta tow more than the wife's new Taco will be able to do.

·
Registered
2020 TRD Sport DCLB
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome, enjoy! I've over 18mpg now for the life of my truck so far (just passed 4,000). But if I take a single trip 20+ min on the fwy, I'm well into the 20 mpg for the individual trip. Still love the truck and would t change a thing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts