Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Nuts & Bolts(mostly nuts)
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't owned a Toyota in a very long time. I'm going to look at a one owner 2005 Tundra 4WD with a V8. It has 190K miles and has been serviced regularly with all records available. What things should I look out for and what should I ask in particular? It looks like a very nice and well maintained truck. I'm not too familiar with Toyotas anymore. All I know is that the starter is in a bad place to replace and possibly the transmission lines in the radiators go bad sometimes causing a big problem. I'm capable of doing a lot of things myself but i don't want to overpay for it. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks very much in advance.

·
Registered
2000 Toyota Tundra
3 Posts
Not sure if you made the purchase but if you did I would recommend replacing the timing belt if that hasn't been on the list of records. I own a 2000 and the timing belt recently failed prematurely. The first 2 times i did the belt it was before Toyota called for it to be replaced. However it is very straight forward to pull off the top right side cover for inspection. Good Luck!

·
Nuts & Bolts(mostly nuts)
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I passed on it. Too many miles for me. I ended up with a 2007 Tundra DC 4X4 with 136K for less than any 1st gen Tundras I found at the time. Great truck but man is it big!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts