Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Will
Camry
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to bother all, its about the seatbelt chime removal :headbang: and i did the search already and found a response that you can find it on page 149 in the manual but when i checked the 09 manual its not there. can any of you guys gave me the exact page please going to dealer tom to get my windows check been scratching my tint and probably remove the chime :naughty:

SO PLEASE MTV PIMP MY RIDE lol

thanks
-will

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
Put your seatbelt on foo
+1 it's there for a reason.....

I do believe i saw that the 09's can't be disabled..but i could have read it wrong.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Im gonna get mine shut off, just to make the dealer look stupid. I know they are gonna try to tell me that it can't be done and than BAMMM page 149 lol

·
Joined the dark side. :D
8,839 Posts
Put your seatbelt on foo
Hard to kill yourself with the seatbelt on given that U want to kill yourself.:lol:

But I agree though.. just put the dam thing on, is that so hard. My dad and brother always drag until they are out of the neighborhood's and than struggle while driving//breaking/watch traffic/ and putting on seatbelt at the same time.

I put on my seatbelt so often that I don't even notice doing it anymore. Just sit down and there the seatbelt around me already. hahaha But when I take it off I do notice because I afraid the metal clip hit the glass window.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
The OP got someone to read his Owners manual for him........nice.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Sit and wait till they buckle up. The driver is the one getting the ticket.
In Cali, I remember hearing that each licensed driver in the vehicle that is not buckled up gets a ticket. This was some time ago, don't know if the law has changed...

·
Touge Star
2000 Toyota Camry LE
2,691 Posts
In Cali, I remember hearing that each licensed driver in the vehicle that is not buckled up gets a ticket. This was some time ago, don't know if the law has changed...
Yes, the driver gets a ticket as well as any passenger that is unbuckled. But for me, the seatbelt chime does get annoying when I first start the car. I always wear my seatbelt, regardless of if I'm driving or not.

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
Just keep in mind, when you have the dealer turn your chime off....

If you plan on upgrading your audio, or do any kind of electrical mods to your car.....it is safe to disconnect the battery before starting any electrical mods.

When you disconnect the battery, we all know, it resets the ecu. When the ecu resets, so does the "chime off" setting.

The chime will return. This same thing happened to me.

Its better to have it anyway. It could save your life.

·
Registered
204 Posts
my family is filled with last minute pricks... who put on there seat belts when they see cops and only if they see cops... sadly they have made me just like them... but my 02 camry doesn't have the persisting chime so i try to think of all the bad ass accidents i've seen and buckle the F up...

at the end of the day... its the difference between going through the windshield or not... i rather stay inside :)

my car smells nice

1 - 20 of 36 Posts