Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Car Breaker
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys recommend.

My brakes just went to trash a couple of days ago after a big rain here and I need to buy new parts.

I think my calipers may be sticking, but I am also getting some scraping. I am just going to replace the pads as well because I am definately sure I need to. Why not just the rotors too right..lol..

I might go Brembo for the rotors, but what about the calipers and pads? OEM Toyota maybe?

Tell me what you think, I need some help

:thumbup:

( P.S. I love my horrid topic spelling :) )

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
Just get rebuild OEM calipers, they're cheap.

There's already enough threads about brake pads, do a search. :thumbup:

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
they have bremo for a gen2?

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
oh why don't you replace it all with ceclia front brakes since you'r pretty much gonna replace everything

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
Why do you want to replace with celica front brakes??? :confused:

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
more stopping power ?

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
How did you find out? Did you do the swap? Which gen Celica front brakes are you talking about?

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
i have this saved website on my computer. some guy did this on a aussie gen2 camry... let me paste it.

This particular guideline is a case study of a SV21 Camry getting front brake calipers and discs swap from an Australian delivered ST185 GT4 Group A Celica. The stock Camry discs are 255mm in diameter. The Celica discs are 278mm. This particular job was carried out at C & T Auto Mechanical Repairs in Granville

i'll send you the file if you want. it has pics of the whole process

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
Oh I see now. You're talking about the Celica GT4, not just any other Celica with smaller front rotors.

Notice you typed more than one sentence this time and it's less confusing to the reader.

Unfortunately not that many of those cars made it to North America, you're going to have some fun hunting down those brake components.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts