Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys -

I've only ever owned jeeps, but a friend of a friend is selling his 97 extended cab 4x4 6cyl 5 speel tacoma. It has ~140k miles on it, clutch has been replaced and also "first gear was replaced". He's had it since 39k, and the first owner couldn't drive 5 speed, but it sounds like they took care of that.

CD player, i think it has power accessories.. He said the best trade-in he could get for it was 3500 so i could have it for 3200. He owns a large landscaping business and uses it pretty hard. He doesn't pull anything with it but it probably has some scratches and stuff.

I really like it, KBB looks good.. $3200 sound pretty good? Are these things more dependable than my jeep? lol.. the only thing wrong with it was a few weeks ago he opened the drivers door up and a truck driving by hit the door. He had maaco fix it for $1100 and it looks good but the top right corner of the door doesn't seal tight and its pretty noisey on the highway. He said they just bent back the hinges didn't replace them. Any idea what this might cost me to get fixed?

Thanks guys..

[email protected]

·
Registered
38 Posts
If it has an e-locker in the rear, it's definately worth it :thumbup:
Heck, you could part the engine, t-case, rear axle and sheet metal and probably come out ahead.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i dont think its a TRD.. dont only those models have the elocker?

ive seen it a million times but haven't looked it over too well..

i noticed it has a factory looking brown decal down each side.. like a huge swoop.. the truck is green in color.. does that mean it is the LX package or something? or is it just some random decal? my dakota has something similar to show it's SE edition.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts