Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am wondering if this is a good deal. My cousin said he would sell me his 1991 Deluxe Shortbox for 1000 dollars. It has 167000 miles on it and is in perfect condition. We had it checked out by the dealerships mechanic and they said the truck was in great condition. My cousin just recently had the exhaust and suspension replaced+ new tires. Is this a good deal. I think it is. It would be good for a first car I think. It is a 5spd manual so give me some advice...

·
A legend in his own mind.
232 Posts
Ya that sounds like a good deal to me from what you r saying, id buy it cause you cant find a toyota without a motor for a grand here.

·
Lemon Jelly Donut
many things
882 Posts
1000 bux, and the stealershp says it is a-o-k, I'd fly up and drive it back down here for that price :thumbup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya the only reason he is selling it to me so cheap is because it is my first car and I am family. So I am really excited. I have to pay the full 1000 dollars and since I have all A's and B's my parents said they would buy me new tires and rims a lift and a grill gaurd. So I think I have it preaty sweet.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
$1000 is a good price if it is in the shape you described. WAIT A MINUTE! I just relized it's a 4x4. That is a terrific price if it's in good shape. Does it have the 22RE? If so, aske when or if the timing chain has been done. It is still worth it either way but you may want to invest in that instead of the lift if it hasen't been done yet.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Oh yeah.........you do have it pretty sweet. You know what I got when I graduated with A's and B's? A pat on the back and a swift kick in the ass. And I'm not even kidding.

·
Registered
1989 Toyota P/U
37 Posts
Senior year my parents said, "Good job, so you'll be getting a scholorship right?" and within 2 seconds waived all parenting responsibilitys right then and there

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Geze my parents only do that because I have never gotten over B's before. So they are really excited.

·
Georgian Pickup Drifter
1991 Toyota Pickup
933 Posts
You should purchase it...chances are you can probably talk the seller down anotheer 50-200 bucks- depending.

·
www.bodybuilding.com
254 Posts
Great deal man :) Congrats if you get it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts