Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Just pin it, Ya' fairy!
08 tacoma
123 Posts
rear lift is achieved by either aal, block or a new leaf pack, the rear 5100's are just shock with better valving then stock

·
Registered
2006 Silver Dbl Cab
647 Posts
Did your first post have a question or were you just stating that that is a good idea?

No, rear shocks do not add any lift. If you do the Toyotec AAL with the TSB springs, then you will definitely want to set the front 5100s to 2.5.

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
Blistine 5100's front with 2.5 lift and rear with aal on the tsb springs

If this is a question then yes that is a good idea.

5100'-set @ 2.5"
Rear AAL-2" for your tsb springs
Then get an alignment and you are golden! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks if i stick with the tsb leafs and put the 5100 to 2.5 at front will that be level? also if i put 265/75/16 bfg all terrains will i need to remove my front mud flaps

·
Just pin it, Ya' fairy!
08 tacoma
123 Posts
no you will be high in the front if you have the tsb leafs set the billies at 1.75 (the second notch from the bottom) and you will be close to level. 265/75/16 you will not need to remove your front mudflaps or do any trimming.

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
to the OP: :headbang: please take the time to post correctly.

·
Russolini
65 Posts
i already have the bilsteins nd the rear tsb, but im looking for a little extra and considering this same setup. shocks are at 175 right now so ill have them adjusted to 250 and get the toytec aal for the tsb.

my question is, is it a good idea then to get wheel spacers since the front wheels will kind of be brought in a little more? or does that not happen, i kind of want them anyway since it should sit a little wider and more aggresive. thoughts?

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
wont the aals on the tsb make it stiffer?
Yes, but it feels like a real truck now. Plus if you haul or tow you will want them. Lastly you get less axel wrap and body roll...it makes the truck very tight! :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts