Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to add a remote oil filter on the 03' v-6 extended cab Tacoma. Any ideas on a potential location? Any thing to make the oil change a bit easier so i don't have to remove as many lower panels would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the darndest time figuring out how to get at the oil filter in my '03 Tacoma until a buddy of mine pulled back the front driver's side wheelwell panel (behind the wheel).

It opened to reveal very easy direct access to the filter with a hex end oil filter wrench (not the strap kind). No need to mount a remote one.

Hope this helps!

- Jessie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oil filter relocation

Hey, thanks. My first oil change was through the drivers side wheel well. The filter came off easily...it was putting the new one back on that gave me trouble. I ended up removing the lower engine bay panel and got it back on from underneath. I thought i could simplify but you may be right. I'll look at it a bit closer. I neglected to tell you that I have the kit from the 94' I sold. A couple of new hoses is all it would take. Still undecided but may be leaning toward not adding it. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts