Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
Joined
·
3,546 Posts
:disappoin :disappoin


You've been watching too much fast and the furious....


I would say that "granny shifting".... would be shifting as if you are a grandma. "Double clutching".... i'm pretty sure is when you... 1. Put in the clutch, 2. Shift to neutral, 3. Let out the clutch, 4. Match your RPM's, 5. Shift into the appropriate gear, 6. Match your RPM's again.... and be on your way.
 

·
nice guy
Joined
·
191 Posts
the term "granny shifting" is when you are shifting when it is 5 o'clock in the morning and you haven't went to sleep and you are about to pass out.:lol:
 

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
Joined
·
1,546 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
 

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
Joined
·
1,546 Posts
Sorry... um... you'll never have to worry about double-clutching unless its an old OLD gearbox without synchro's. And granny shifting is just shifting slow, like in everyday driving. If you want to learn anything useful about shifting, search for heel & toe.
 

·
Toy-Cel
Joined
·
618 Posts
ishcoleobo said:
:disappoin :disappoin


You've been watching too much fast and the furious....


I would say that "granny shifting".... would be shifting as if you are a grandma. "Double clutching".... i'm pretty sure is when you... 1. Put in the clutch, 2. Shift to neutral, 3. Let out the clutch, 4. Match your RPM's, 5. Shift into the appropriate gear, 6. Match your RPM's again.... and be on your way.
i believe you are right, but what doesnt make sence (duh, its F&F) is "granny shifting" is actually faster, no?
you can still match your revs w/out letting the clutch out
 

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
Joined
·
1,546 Posts
Slamming gears without the clutch is fastest! :D
 

·
Registered
Celica
Joined
·
49 Posts
Anyone ever had to drive without a clutch at all. My first toyota's (84 corolla wagon :cool: ) clutch went out the first time I drove it (keep in mind I payed $200 for the car) I was on my way to school, I drove the whole way (stop lights included) just slamming my shifter as hard as I could into gear. i borrowed a wrench from the janitor and bled the clutch in the school parking lot at lunch, never had another problem. best deal I ever got on a car.
 

·
5M-GE
Joined
·
2,901 Posts
Siver_Cartel said:
Slamming gears without the clutch is fastest! :D
and most expensive :D
 

·
Sweet n' Lowdown
2006 Scion tC
Joined
·
16,189 Posts
TdotTercel said:
i believe you are right, but what doesnt make sence (duh, its F&F) is "granny shifting" is actually faster, no?
you can still match your revs w/out letting the clutch out

There's a lot of "talk" in Fn'F that doesn't make any sence.
 

·
Street-Cruiser
Joined
·
458 Posts
There's a lot of "talk" in Fn'F that doesn't make any sence.
HAHA, I agree, but the reason it's good ( I know I'll get some arguments on this one) is the action and the whole racing scene idea.
 

·
5M-GE
Joined
·
2,901 Posts
Ostornadoe said:
HAHA, I agree, but the reason it's good ( I know I'll get some arguments on this one)
you're right on that one ;)
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top