Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it comes to my beamer I know exactly which sites to by parts from. I know they will have good deals on quality parts. They will give me options like original manufacturer or after market but they will stand behind any they offer. I know I can trust them to ship promptly and be there if I have an issue.

When it comes to Toyota parts I'm kinda lost. Anybody help out with some advice?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.com decent prices and reasonable shipping and a site sponsor
That looks like a great site for Toyota brand parts. How about for aftermarket parts? For example, I'm running Wagner brake parts on our 4runner and they are excellent quality and cost a fraction of Toyota brand.

·
TexasJiminSTX
2005 Tacoma 2WD
224 Posts
One of my friends buys everything from Rock Auto. I priced a Wix oil filter for my wife's Malibu with them, and it was under $2.00. I had just bought the same filter from O'Reilly's for $8.50!

I'll surely shop them next time.

Toyota of Cool Springs is certainly good for genuine Toyota parts.

TexasJim

·
Premium Member
Was a 05 Tacoma 4x4 DC LB
13,027 Posts
^ All our members like both those sites (both are TN supporting vendors too). Go to the main TN forum page and scroll down to our supporting vendors. Most vendors have their own forums there. Rock Auto has a thread with discount codes when they have them.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like Rock Auto's user friendly website and immense selection of parts. What I don't like is their shipping charges. It seems they ship parts from different warehouses and often charge a separate shipping charge for each part. Also each shipping charge seems a little steep. I recently looked up an air filter on Rock auto. The price was great but the shipping charge was three times the cost of the part, negating a good deal.

·
Premium Member
2008 Sienna LE
998 Posts
Shipping charges seems to be a profit center for a lot of places. One Toyota dealer I used to buy a lot of parts from charged 10% shipping, with an $8.95 minimum. I usually compare two or three places, and figure in the shipping, to see if I'm getting the best deal.

·
Premium Member
Was a 05 Tacoma 4x4 DC LB
13,027 Posts
I always pay attention to shipping. Roman once contacted me on a big order and said he didn't like how much the app added for shipping. He lowered it for me. Then on my last order, I received a $5 credit back on my card. I figured he shipped it for less. Instead of keeping it, he refunded it back. All a guess as to the reason though because I haven't talked with him in a long time. He really does try to take care of us.

·
Premium Member
2008 Sienna LE
998 Posts
^^^^Yep, and its getting way out of hand IMHO. I think I know the site you are referencing and I used to use them too. I dug into it a little and some places get eye-opening cheap shipping.
This place I'm thinking of is in Tacoma, Washington.

·
Registered
09 Tacoma
887 Posts
Here's a couple more:
Partznet.com -- located in suburban Philly.
The Toyota dealer in Olathe Kansas.
Toyota of Dallas
A Toyota dealer in Nashua, NH.

Personally, have used partznet 3 times. There are guys on this forum who have used all the other dealers I have mentioned and seem satisfied.

I'm surprised there's not on in Florida. Now that I mentioned it, guys will come out of the wood work, right?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here's a couple more:
Partznet.com -- located in suburban Philly.
The Toyota dealer in Olathe Kansas.
Toyota of Dallas
A Toyota dealer in Nashua, NH.

Personally, have used partznet 3 times. There are guys on this forum who have used all the other dealers I have mentioned and seem satisfied.

I'm surprised there's not on in Florida. Now that I mentioned it, guys will come out of the wood work, right?
Thanks so much for posting these. I compared these (and a couple other Toyota dealers') prices for seat belts and found the cheapest parts+shipping to be Boch's Toyota in MA. (YMMV depending on where you live for shipping). Partznet/Conicelli Toyota was a close second.

·
Registered
09 Tacoma
887 Posts
Thanks so much for posting these. I compared these (and a couple other Toyota dealers') prices for seat belts and found the cheapest parts+shipping to be Boch's Toyota in MA. (YMMV depending on where you live for shipping). Partznet/Conicelli Toyota was a close second.
Yes, but the speed and customer service you get from Conicelli is second to none.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.