Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
toyo man for life
2004 camry se
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of attempting to tune my new system, I've been looking through my cd's to find the best sq recordings. i've been using the 10000 maniacs "mtv unplugged cd", weir and wasserman "live", and rusted root "as i woke" I figured this would be a decent opportunity to see what everyone else uses. Note, while I am interested, Iwould rather not see this turn into another songs that pound thread. I am looking for your favorite sq tracks/albums.

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
Sheffield my disc #103 or IASCA disc

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
Although its nice that you have certain discs and songs to tune your system, but anybody who is into SQ carrys an IASCA disc, they know the tracks on the disc, and know exactly what to look for in each song. So when you compare systems, everyone is on the same page.

·
toyo man for life
2004 camry se
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I accept that, I guess a better name for this thread is, "good cd's to audition speakers to", or "good sq demo cd's". because clearly, there are cd's made to tune to:) but don't tell me you ride around jamming to the IASCA cd's do you eddie?;)

·
Registered
Toyota Matrix XRS
81 Posts
hes gotta point

·
Registered
392 Posts
Recently, I have been buying the southern or midwestern style hip hop. Being that they have been recording a lot of songs in 5.1 digital sound they are very clear. Though, they do carry a lot of bass the songs do have a lot of sound affects that will put speakers to a test to play balance and not sacrifice one sound for another or play distortion in all that screeming and yelling their doin.

If you want an album recommendation in that taste of music my little brother got me to buy for his birthday an artist called Petey Pablo. There are two albums under his name but I don't remember the name. But it's new I guess. It has some nice musical tracks. I got the clean version though.

·
toyo man for life
2004 camry se
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
petey pablo is a good call. Believe it or not, to really tell how good the dynamic response is from a speaker, I've found some real treasures in show tunes. I know you're probobly thinking it sounds rediculous, but Rent, Les Miserables, and Phantom of the Opera all have digitaly remastered versions, lots of female vocals, uncompressed, really sets a good speaker apart from an amazing one. granted, that the amp and install are up to par;)

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
Actually I do...its pretty sad, but when you become a SQ freak, Jay Z and Slipknot, are just a waste, prefer Teddy Edwards.

·
toyo man for life
2004 camry se
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha there outta be a support group eddie, I can see it now. "I'm addicted to sq. I can no longer enjoy average music" oh well, I guess this will be the first post I've started that you can't contribute to:D

·
Registered
392 Posts
I used I think it's Mozarts 1812 overture. That is a monster sq track. I did a lot of tuning on that one. I hate opera. I have tried but I cant do more than 2min.:lol:

·
toyo man for life
2004 camry se
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
are you talking about the one with cannons in it? if so that was written by tchaikovsky. I certainly do agree with the quality of the track as well. it booms and has a lot of headroom. all of bach's organ sonatas are great, especially if you have two fifteens:p:

·
toyo man for life
2004 camry se
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it's no problem, I can remember both, just nothing else:cool:

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
97avalonxls said:
I accept that, I guess a better name for this thread is, "good cd's to audition speakers to", or "good sq demo cd's". because clearly, there are cd's made to tune to:) but don't tell me you ride around jamming to the IASCA cd's do you eddie?;)
The first six tracks are impecable recordings of songs, so yes I do. music is music

1 - 18 of 18 Posts