Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry LE V6
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple days ago my dad and aunt had just dropped off my sister and other aunt to babysit my other aunts baby.
And after dropping them off, they headed off on the highway to do other errands, what had lead up to the disaster was that they were in deadlocked crawl traffic at a double lane Y fork and a Honda civic had made an illegal lane change to git into the lane my dad was on and tried to cut in the car in front of my dad but the car didn't let him in and accelerated.
With him accelerating, that left a gap in front of my dads van and he cut off my dad and braked, which also made my dad brake.
Now, farther behind my dads car in the dead locked lane heading to the Y fork, a Red BMW going at highway speeds had spotted the opening to cut into behind my dads van but absolutely miscalculated her speed and the traffic speed and rammed in my dads Van pinning her BMW into the van through the shear force of her speed and causing him to rear end the civic in front of them.
But the danger wasn't over yet and now they are stuck in between the deadlocked crawl Y fork double lane and 70mph free flowing double lane.
After CHP came to the scene and everything was set and done with insurance.

Im greatful it protected my dad and aunt
You will be missed
:'(

-imgs of the accident-
Srry for the janky imgs they are still shots from my dads poor recording :"D
Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood
Eye Automotive lighting Window Hood Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Vehicle Aircraft Airplane Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Avalon XLE Premium V6
833 Posts
Glad they're OK. Ouch!

Reactions: stvotw

·
Registered
203 Posts
A couple days ago my dad and aunt had just dropped off my sister and other aunt to babysit my other aunts baby.
And after dropping them off, they headed off on the highway to do other errands, what had lead up to the disaster was that they were in deadlocked crawl traffic at a double lane Y fork and a Honda civic had made an illegal lane change to git into the lane my dad was on and tried to cut in the car in front of my dad but the car didn't let him in and accelerated.
With him accelerating, that left a gap in front of my dads van and he cut off my dad and braked, which also made my dad brake.
Now, farther behind my dads car in the dead locked lane heading to the Y fork, a Red BMW going at highway speeds had spotted the opening to cut into behind my dads van but absolutely miscalculated her speed and the traffic speed and rammed in my dads Van pinning her BMW into the van through the shear force of her speed and causing him to rear end the civic in front of them.
But the danger wasn't over yet and now they are stuck in between the deadlocked crawl Y fork double lane and 70mph free flowing double lane.
After CHP came to the scene and everything was set and done with insurance.

Im greatful it protected my dad and aunt
You will be missed
:'(

-imgs of the accident-
Srry for the janky imgs they are still shots from my dads poor recording :"D
View attachment 351684 View attachment 351685 View attachment 351686 View attachment 351687
BMW Driver. Why am I not surprised?

·
Registered
571 Posts
BMW Driver. Why am I not surprised?
Seriously? Bcs. maybe got used on Toyota drivers driving 20mph below speed limit in left lane (though I must say Subaru drivers are serious competition in this discipline now) so miscalculated someone “live” behind the wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Seriously? Bcs. maybe got used on Toyota drivers driving 20mph below speed limit in left lane (though I must say Subaru drivers are serious competition in this discipline now) so miscalculated someone “live” behind the wheel?

Last time I took a trip from New England to Long Island I counted THREE BMW's zipping right past me ( I was doing 70), weaving in and out of traffic, with several drivers blowing their horns at them.
Oh, and I'd rather see someone 20 below the speed limit than someone driving 90 in a 65 zone.

Umm, yeah, "Seriously"

·
Registered
571 Posts
Last time I took a trip from New England to Long Island I counted THREE BMW's zipping right past me ( I was doing 70), weaving in and out of traffic, with several drivers blowing their horns at them.
Oh, and I'd rather see someone 20 below the speed limit than someone driving 90 in a 65 zone.

Umm, yeah, "Seriously"
90 in 65 is not a problem. Unlike Toyota, BMW is designed for those speeds.
Problem is typical Toyota driver driving 50 in 70, then keep driving 50 in 25-35 construction zone bcs. no self awareness.
Not to mention 3 mile line of cars behind waiting to pass each other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts