Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to start looking for a new forum to browse! I got a great deal on a new 2010 Tundra CrewMax 5.7L with the TRD Rock Warrior package! The dealer gave me $20k for a trade on my 2006 Tacoma Double Cab TRD OR with 45k miles, a 3" lift, 33's, nav, backup camera, tonneau cover, and a few other things. That's about what private party price is on kbb which is awesome! I only paid $26k for the truck 4.5 years ago, now that's what I call holding its value! And I'm getting the Tundra at dealer invoice.

The new truck is all black, no chrome, if you haven't seen the TRD Rock Warrior package, I attached a pic below. Truck comes with the gunmetal TRD wheels and BFG ATs and color matched grill and bumpers (rear bumper is flat black) and all the badges shaved except the iForce 5.7L on the fender. I can't wait to pick it up, should be getting it towards the end of the week. It's out getting a moonroof installed now, then getting the bed Line-X'd. Should be in my hands on Thursday or Friday!

Time to look for a new forum because the Tundra section of this forum is pretty much dead.

I'll post up some pictures of the actual truck as soon as I have it. Plans right away include tonneau cover and tinting the two front windows. I can't lift it because it won't fit in my garage! That's an easy way to stop myself from spending more money on it.

Tacoma:

New Tundra:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Gas mileage will end up being about the same as what I'm getting with the lift and 33's on the Tacoma. I get somewhere around 16-17 mpg right now, and the Tundra is about the same! Not to mention when I tow my boat the Tundra won't think twice about it and mileage will be much better when towing!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Great looking truck... I was looking at one of those the other day when I was at the dealer. Those things are huge!

·
Registered
2005 DC SR5
25 Posts
Pretty awesome, tried to talk my dad into getting the Tundra but he went with the new 2010 Ram fully loaded (still pretty sweet) but not a Toyota. What size of bed does it have with the double cab?

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Thanks! I love how big the thing is. The back seat is huge and the seats recline!
The Tundra is the only truck I could see myself trading in the Tacoma for. As my family grows that may be an option. I will do my best to fit the kids in the Tacoma as long as possible. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Pretty awesome, tried to talk my dad into getting the Tundra but he went with the new 2010 Ram fully loaded (still pretty sweet) but not a Toyota. What size of bed does it have with the double cab?
The crewmax (don't know why, but the double cab in the tundra is what the access cab is in the tacoma) has a 5.5 foot bed. It's significantly bigger than the bed on the tacoma due to the width and I think it's slightly longer, and deeper too.

The Tundra is the only truck I could see myself trading in the Tacoma for. As my family grows that may be an option. I will do my best to fit the kids in the Tacoma as long as possible. :thumbsup:
That was one of the reasons I upgraded. I have a 1.5 year old now and another one planned very soon. Being 6'1", I don't think I can fit a car seat behind my seat in a tacoma double cab. There's more than enough room in the crewmax. Towing my boat was also a reason for upgrading, but I haul my son way more than the boat!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts